12

"Thank you, Master Cangsong. I'll go right away." Yin Mei thought about it and decided to go. She held back her tears and took Taohua to lift the curtain and get on the carriage. The carriage was exactly the one Shen Yunshu usually rode in, but it was empty inside, with simple and cold furnishings, and it looked like it had no human touch at all.

As soon as Yin Mei and Tao Hua sat down, they heard a familiar girl's voice coming from outside, which was clear, moving and lively.

"Mr. Cangsong, I almost didn't recognize you just now. It's you who has come to visit. I'm sorry for not welcoming you in person." Sun Ning had a bright smile on his face, like the warm spring sun. He no longer looked like he had just raised his chin and looked at people with his nose up.

Taohua opened the curtain and saw this scene, and was speechless. She looked at Yin Mei, but saw that Yin Mei had no reaction.

"Miss, Miss Sun is here." Taohua whispered, "She seems to know Master Cangsong and is trying to curry favor with him."

"Hmm." Yin Mei hummed absentmindedly. She was in a bad mood and had no intention of caring about those unimportant people.

Seeing that Yin Mei was not interested, Taohua was curious, so she continued to open the curtain of the carriage a little and look secretly.

"Miss, who are you?" Cangsong hesitated for a moment and looked at Sun Ning suspiciously, not understanding what was going on with this girl who suddenly appeared.

"Master Cangsong, have you forgotten? We have met before. My name is Sun. I am the assistant minister of the Ministry of Rites and Ceremony..."

"Oh, it's Miss Sun. I'm sorry, but I have something important to do today, so I can't exchange pleasantries. Please feel free to do as you please." Cangsong was a little anxious. He had already wasted quite some time, so he interrupted Sun Ning directly.

Sun Ning never expected Cangsong to have such an attitude. He was obviously stunned for a moment, but then he immediately reacted and called Cangsong who was driving the horse. He mustered up the courage to say, "Just now I saw the young master let the girl from the Yin family get on the carriage. The Sun family and the Yin family are on good terms. There is no other intention. It's just that the eldest girl of the Yin family is now famous. Young Master Cangsong can ask around to make sure that no one takes advantage of her..."

Cangsong was slightly stunned when he heard this.

He originally thought that the girl just came up to say hello, but he didn't expect that she came to remind him of this.

Cangsong saw why Yin Mei had such a reputation, and he was indignant for her. He felt sorry for her, and it would be a lie to say he was not angry when he heard Sun Ning say this about Yin Mei.

"Miss Sun, what do you mean?" Cangsong was knowledgeable and experienced, so he naturally would not argue with the little girl. Instead, he had a smile on his face, but there was some coldness in his eyes.

"Ms. Yin was invited by Lord Shen. I don't know if he is taking advantage of the situation or not. I only know that Lord Shen has been waiting for Miss Yin in his mansion for a long time. If Miss Sun has anything to say, why not go and talk to Lord Shen in person?"

Lord Shen will meet Miss Yin in person?

The person invited by Lord Shen? Lord Shen Yunshu?

Sun Ning took two steps back in shock, her face flushed. She shook her head and finally came to her senses, realizing that she had acted rather rashly today.

It was her mistake to rush forward without understanding the situation clearly.

"If you are okay, young lady, I will take my leave." Cangsong said this, without even looking at her, and drove away quickly.