43

But Sun Baizhou, who was standing by, was a little stunned.

Before, Yin Mei wore old clothes that were not up to standard, and her clothes were outdated, with only one or two pearl flowers to decorate them. Although she was beautiful, her clothes were plain, and she looked thin and pitiful. But now, Yin Mei wore a brocade dress with a pattern that matched her skin very well, and her complexion looked much better than before.

In the past, her eyes always seemed filled with sorrow, but now she is much calmer. However, the calmness is only on the surface. If you look at her quietly, you can find that when she looks around, she is charming and delicate, as if she has received a lot of grace and rain, nourishing her to become even more beautiful.

I originally thought that she was not worthy of the position of Prime Minister's wife, but now, I see that she has that potential.

Sun Baizhou stared at Yin Mei blankly, feeling somewhat miserable. He felt a little regretful. If he had rejected the marriage proposal with Yin Zhu at that time and got engaged to Yin Mei early on, he would not have to watch her standing next to another man now.

Shen Yunshu looked coldly at Sun Baizhou's distraught appearance, his eyes slightly chilly.

Sun Baizhou was immersed in his own thoughts. Just as he came to his senses, he felt a cold gaze. He looked up and saw Shen Yunshu looking at him with a smile. He shuddered and cold sweat broke out on his back.

He, he was actually so absorbed in staring at the Prime Minister’s wife just now... and was even discovered by Lord Shen.

Sun Baizhou was terrified and immediately stepped back, trying to hide.

But at this moment, there was a sudden noise outside.

"Is Sun Baizhou here?"

The voice was arrogant and ferocious.

Sun Baizhou had just been startled by Shen Yunshu, and now he was startled again by the sudden voice. Turning around, he saw Gao Junqi, the deputy commander of the military division who was working nearby.

"Deputy Commander Gao, what are you doing here? Today is the day I propose marriage, and the Prime Minister is also here. Why are you making so much noise!" Sun Baizhou and Gao Junqi are also old acquaintances. Their families are old acquaintances, but their tempers don't match. They have been at odds since childhood. Sun Baizhou passed the imperial examination, but Gao Junqi joined the military and became a commander with little pay and a lot of work.

From then on, Sun Baizhou no longer had any contact with the commander-in-chief.

But today, this commander suddenly appeared at the Yin family. Sun Baizhou's first reaction was that this person came deliberately to cause trouble.

Sun Baizhou emphasized the word "deputy" with great emphasis, intending to humiliate Gao Junqi.

Gao Junqi was wearing the official robes of the commander. Seeing Sun Baizhou's attitude, he smiled coldly and said, "Sun Baizhou, if you have anything to say, come with me to the Dali Temple and tell it."

The author has something to say:

Second update~

Please give more comments~

Chapter 39 (Update 1)

"Dali Temple?" Sun Baizhou laughed out loud when he heard these three words, "Gao Junqi, are you crazy? What does Dali Temple have to do with you? You are just a..."

"Mr. Sun, don't say anything careless." Gao Junqi sneered and took out a token from his bosom. "I am also acting on orders. You are involved in a major case. The emperor is furious and has handed the matter over to the Dali Temple for handling. We are entrusted by the Dali Temple to arrest you. Come on!"