19

Different from Yin Mei's embarrassed appearance, Shen Yunshu was wearing a dark robe with gold thread trim. He stood alone like a solitary pine tree. His white jade-like face was calm as usual, but his eyes were surging with undercurrents as he quietly stared at the tears in the corners of Yin Mei's eyes.

"Shen... Lord Shen." Yin Mei put down the candied crisp in her hand, but her fingers were already stained with candied crisp crumbs. She wiped her hands randomly, and then gently wiped the corners of her mouth with the back of her hand, and sure enough, some scattered candied crisps were wiped off.

Yin Mei's face instantly turned pink.

Why was it that every time she was in an awkward and miserable state, she was always seen by this person?

Yin Mei looked for the handkerchief everywhere with a red face, but couldn't find it. Then she remembered that the handkerchief she used most often had been lost, and she became even more at a loss.

"Lord Shen just happened to pass by here." Cangsong saw that Yin Mei was so embarrassed that she wanted to bang her head against the wall, so he quickly livened up the atmosphere, "Miss Yin, is this candy crisp delicious?"

"It's...ok." Yin Mei no longer knew what she was saying.

Taohua was also in a panic. It took her a long time to find a handkerchief and handed it to Yin Mei. Yin Mei quickly turned her back and carefully wiped her tears and the corners of her mouth. Finally, she gently wiped the debris on her fingers. Only then did she feel much better.

Perhaps she wiped it in a hurry and with too much force, and when she turned around, her face was slightly flushed, and the corners of her eyes were stained peach pink, making her palm-sized face look like a newly blooming hibiscus, adding a touch of charm.

Yin Mei didn't know what was on her face. She only felt that after Cangsong saw her face, he kept his head down and dared not look at her again, and Shen Yunshu also turned his head away and no longer looked directly at her face.

She frowned slightly and touched her face. She had clearly wiped it clean and there was no remaining debris.

"Are you free today?" Shen Yunshu finally spoke, his voice a little dry and hoarse.

Yin Mei then remembered that she had asked Shen Yunshu for leave before, saying that she had something to do in the next few days. As luck would have it, he caught her eating candied crisps at this stall...

Yin Mei's ears turned red, and she gently explained, "I just finished my work..."

"Go back and check the accounts when you're done. The remaining account books have all been moved to your house. You don't have much time left." Shen Yunshu's words hit Yin Mei's heart mercilessly. Yin Mei bit her lip, her eyes twitching as she looked at Shen Yunshu. She wanted to scold him for being a white-faced but black-hearted person. Not only did he not give her even a tael of silver, he also found ways to make her work more...

Although she thought so in her heart, Yin Mei did not dare to reveal even a little of what was in her heart.

She just said "hmm" lightly, but it seemed a bit perfunctory.

Shen Yunshu glanced at her lightly and said, "It's a good time to go and collect the money for the past few days."

Yin Mei lowered her head, her voice slightly more energetic, "Thank you, Master Shen."

The streets were bustling with people. Yin Mei gave the remaining candied cakes to Cangsong, who quickly finished two at a time and began to invite Yin Mei to get on the carriage.

Yin Mei glanced at Shen Yunshu, who showed no expression, his face calm, and got on the carriage first.

Yin Mei was a little hesitant.