Chapter 30

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

At Amor Vitae Café

The bell above the door chimed softly as Zayn entered the quaint, warmly lit café. The aroma of freshly ground coffee beans and baked pastries greeted him, wrapping around him like a familiar embrace. The walls, adorned with framed photographs, gave the place a nostalgic charm. Patrons sat at rustic wooden tables, engaged in quiet conversation, the soft murmur adding to the café's cozy ambiance.

"Assalam o alaikum beautiful," Zayn greeted with a warm smile, his eyes lighting up as he saw Rubina aunty.

"Wa alaikum assalam," Rubina aunty replied, her face breaking into a gentle smile that deepened the lines of wisdom etched across her features. Her hands, busy kneading dough, paused to wave at him. The café felt incomplete without her presence, always bustling and welcoming.

Zayn made his way to the counter, the wooden floor creaking slightly under his steps. He admired the chalkboard menu above, listing various coffees and teas in an elegant, swirling script. The counter itself was a display of delectable treats, from golden-brown croissants to rich chocolate eclairs.

"Same order?" Shayra asked from behind the counter, her eyes twinkling with recognition. Shayra, the heart and soul of Amor Vitae, knew her regulars well. Her hijab was pinned perfectly, and her apron was already dusted with flour from the morning's baking.

"Yes," Zayn said with a smile, his usual order of a caramel latte. It was a ritual, a small but cherished part of his routine

Shayra moved with practiced efficiency, the steam from the espresso machine rising as she prepared his drink. Zayn watched her for a moment, appreciating the skill and care she put into every cup she made. He glanced around the café, feeling a sense of peace wash over him. This place, with its familiar faces and comforting atmosphere, was a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the outside world.

Lost in his thoughts, Zayn didn't notice Muskan entering the café. She moved quickly, almost breezing past him, and it was only when she was right beside him that he looked up, startled by her sudden presence.