Part 35; Dress to impress

"I don't like the sound of that, but like when you turned me into a fairy, if we win, we're out of here," Alex muttered, feeling a nervous flutter in his stomach.

"That's the spirit!" Ember said, flashing him a bright smile. Her optimism was hard to ignore, but it didn't ease the discomfort Alex felt. He sighed softly.

"Hmm, I don't have many options, though," Ember said, deep in thought, her fingers tapping nervously as she looked at the screen.

"I'm sorry..." Alex said feeling guilty.

"No, please don't be," she replied quickly, waving her hand. "You did great. I'll make it work." Her words were kind, but the way her brow furrowed showed how hard she was trying to figure it all out.

Ember stared at the screen for a few moments longer. "No dress, but I can get you this cute top... or this blouse," she murmured.

Alex glanced at the options and felt already unfomfortable and wasnt even wearing anything yet. The blouse she picked out was pale pink, soft, and adorned with lace along the sleeves, a ruffle tracing its way down the front. It was something you'd imagine on a girl going to a tea party, definitely not something Alex ever wanted to wear. His eyes moved to the skirt. It was short, pleated, and white, with a playful flare. It barely reached mid-thigh, which made Alex feel even more exposed. If the boys on school ever saw him wearing that, he would be bullied for days

"If I choose the blouse for 1 point and the skirt for 2, I'll have only 1 point left... sandals are the only option," Ember muttered, calculating the points.

The sandals were dainty, white with thin straps that wrapped delicately around the ankles. They even had a tiny flower detail near the buckle. Alex couldn't imagine how awkward it would feel walking in them.

Ember was deep in thought, her fingers hovering over the screen. Meanwhile, Alex sat quietly, hating what was coming next.

"Yeah, that's it!" she exclaimed after what felt like ages. She clicked the button, purchasing the clothes, and a few seconds later, they arrived. Ember checked the clock. "Forty minutes to get you ready," she said, sounding rushed.

"Okay, Alex, put these on. I'll figure out what makeup I can get you," she instructed, handing him the outfit.

Alex hesitated, holding the blouse and skirt in his hands. The fabric felt too light, too fragile. He pulled the blouse over his head, the soft material clinging to him in all the wrong places. The lace sleeves felt ticklish against his arms, and the ruffle down the front made him feel more... girly than he was comfortable with. He caught a glimpse of himself and could clearly see the outline of the bra beneath the thin fabric.

Next came the skirt. It swayed as he moved, brushing against his legs, feeling foreign and unnatural. It was too short, too flared, and as he twisted to check, it moved with him, reminding him just how exposed he felt.

He slipped into the sandals last, buckling the tiny straps around his ankles. The little heel threw off his balance, and he could already feel how uncomfortable it was going to be to walk in them. He sighed, knowing there was no way out of this.

"Oh my God, did I forget to buy you a tank top?" Ember suddenly exclaimed, her face turning pale. "This can't be happening! I can see your bra through the blouse!"

Alex shifted uncomfortably, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"I'll have to do a really good job on your makeup to distract from that," Ember muttered to herself. "Okay... I can get fake nails for 3 points or just paint them for 2. I'll need eyeliner and lipstick—those are 3 points each. And to make your face more feminine, I need at least 2 points too..."