Part 23; Nowhere save

It can't be. No. What is she doing here? Alex's heart raced as he recognized the headmistress—it was the woman he knew all too well as "The Lady."

"Surprise," she said with a smirk, her voice dripping with malice. "What's the matter, my pretty one?" she taunted, her laughter growing louder and more sinister.

"What are you doing here?" Alex demanded, his voice shaking with disbelief.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm the head of this school now," she replied, her tone mocking.

"No, no, that can't be," Alex stammered, trying to process the nightmare unfolding before him.

"Oh, but it is. Now tell me, why are you here, my little girly pop?" she asked, her smile widening as she saw the anger flicker in his eyes.

Alex clenched his fists, fighting the urge to lash out. He hated that nickname, but he knew better than to challenge her directly. "My teacher sent me here because I told her I was bullied into this makeover," he explained, forcing himself to stay calm.

"How brave of you!" she mocked, her eyes glinting with amusement. "Now, Alex, be a good girl and go back to class. I'll deal with those bullies for you," she said, her laughter echoing through the room. "And good luck in the next game!" she added, her voice oozing with false sweetness.

Alex froze in his tracks. "You despise men, yet you make them play these games—why?" he asked, his curiosity tinged with defiance.

"You haven't earned the right to know the full story, but I will tell you this: the games are played for a reason," she said, her tone suddenly cold.

"What reason?" Alex pressed, his mind racing with questions.

"To do the boys a favor, of course. You boys love playing games, don't you?" she said with a twisted smile.

"You're not doing anyone a favor," he shot back, his voice trembling with a mix of fear and anger.

"Oh, Alex, I am. The crowd loves these games. Now, off you go," she ordered, dismissing him with a wave of her hand.

As Alex walked away, her words echoed in his mind. The crowd loves it. She was right—so many people watched, yet he had never heard of it before. The realization sent a chill down his spine.

When he entered the classroom, the mocking stares and laughter hit him like a wave. Even the teacher struggled to hide her amusement. Alex made his way to Ember and sat down beside her, trying to ignore the snickers around him.

"Where were you?" Ember asked, her voice tinged with irritation. "I was worried," she added softly.

"I had a talk with the teacher, then went to see the headmistress. You're never going to believe this," Alex replied, his voice low.

"Believe what?" Ember asked, curiosity piqued.

"The headmistress... she's The Lady," Alex revealed, his eyes wide with disbelief.

Ember's face drained of color. She flinched, her voice barely a whisper. "I don't understand."

"I know, right? She laughed and sent me away like it was nothing. I'll tell you more tonight," Alex said

At lunch, Alex and Ember made their way to the cafeteria. A blonde girl approached Alex, eyeing him curiously. "Your lipstick color is so pretty! Which brand is it?"

"Uhm, I don't..." Alex began, unsure of how to respond.

"It's the neon pink from the Shining Model brand," Ember interupting smoothly, saving Alex from further awkwardness. She gestured for him to walk away while she took over the conversation.