Part 6; The punishments

On the screen, Alex saw the ranking of each contestant, followed by the punishments from second to eighth place, each getting progressively worse. When Alex saw his punishment, he remembered that Ember had said he was pardoned from the last-place punishment but still had to endure the one for sixth place. His face appeared on the screen, with the words "Waxing and Shaving" behind it. He didn't like the sound of that but was relieved it wasn't as bad as the punishment for eighth place. The boy who came in eighth would have to endure permanent makeup, with eyeliner forever and extended eyelashes. The thought of such a humiliating fate sent a shiver down Alex's spine, making him feel both fear and sympathy for the boy.

Terrified by the prospect, Alex asked, "Aren't you guys scared that me and the others will be reported as missing persons since I'm not home and not at school?"

"Honestly, I don't know what they do, but nobody I know of has been reported so far," Ember answered as she gestured for him to get out of the bath and handed him a pink towel.

Alex felt a mix of relief and embarrassment as he stepped out of the bath, covered in glitter and smelling sweetly like a girl. His skin shimmered, and he felt the sting of humiliation. Ember handed him the towel, and he dried off, feeling the softness of the fabric and the lingering scent of flowers.

"About school..." Alex suddenly snapped to attention as he heard Ember speak. "You're going to have to attend."

Alex was relieved to hear that, as it meant he might have a chance to escape or ask for help. "Oh, that's... strange?" he replied.

Ember shrugged and asked him to lie down so she could start the waxing.

Alex had forgotten about his punishment, thinking the bath was bad enough. "Please, Ember, can we skip the punishment? The boys on the team will laugh at me when they see my legs."

"I know, Alex, but if I don't do it, there will be even worse consequences for both of us."

"For you too?" Alex asked, confused.

"Yes, even for me," Ember said, and then it fell silent.

As he lay there, Ember placed pink wax strips over his legs. "This is going to hurt," she said. She applied the wax strips methodically, each one pressing down against his skin with a firm, practiced hand. Alex felt a deep sense of humiliation, lying there exposed, subjected to such a feminine ritual. Ember, although professional, couldn't hide a glimmer of sympathy in her eyes.

When the waxing was done, Alex felt his legs; they were silky smooth, just like the rest of his body. He hated how feminine his legs looked. It got worse when he saw the underwear Ember had brought for him. He asked, "I know you can't give me boys' underwear, but can't you at least give me something that isn't as bad as the ones from yesterday?"

"Hey, be happy I didn't give you pink ones," she said with a grin.

Hesitantly, he put on the new underwear, a pair of delicate, lavender lace panties with a small satin bow in the front and a matching lavender bra. Ember then directed him to his room and told him she would make dinner. Alex sat down and heard the TV; he hadn't turned it on. He looked and saw the boy who had come last in the game getting his punishment. The boy screamed, and Alex felt bad for him.

It took some time, but Ember returned with food and wished him a good night.

The next morning, Alex was excited because this was supposed to be his escape. He had never been so happy to go to school. There was a knock on the door. Alex put on the purple underwear, and said, "Come in." Ember stood in the doorway with some clothes and food in her hands. "You can put these on," she said, handing him the breakfast. To his shock, the clothing wasn't girly. Yet, he was given shorts, so his shaved legs were noticeable. Still, he kept positive. If that was the worst thing of the day, he could survive it. After breakfast, he was blindfolded and brought to school. As he stepped out of the car, the drive having taken quite long, he realized he wasn't alone. Ember was beside him and said, "Good morning, classmate!"

"Shit," Alex thought. "Shit, shit, shit." Of course, he was going to be watched. But he kept his head cool and reminded himself that he could still ask for help, even with her around. "Good morning? You're not telling me you're joining my class, are you?"

"I am! And please don't do anything stupid," Ember said with concern.

They walked to the same classroom, and Alex went to sit in his place. Ember stayed and talked to the teacher. As Alex sat down, his friends came in, and he immediately wanted to ask for help. But before turning around, he met eyes with Ember, who looked dead serious and slowly shook her head, meaning: don't! A bit scared, he decided to do it later.

"So, what did you do over the weekend?" one of his friends asked.

"Oh, just the usual," Alex lied, trying to sound casual. "Played some video games, hung out with family. Nothing special."

Their chatter was interrupted by the bell as the teacher introduced the new classmate, Ember. The teacher then continued, "Go sit next to Alex. Will you show her around?"

Alex couldn't say no, so he nodded. School began. As the first lesson ended, they moved on to the next. As Alex stood up from his chair, he heard some whistling.