Chapter 1

At 7pm on March 14, 2022, J City local station.

A female host in her early thirties was wearing a suit and was reporting the news: "Mr. Shi Zhen, a well-known entrepreneur in this city, died in the hospital at 5am on the 12th at the age of 46."

The host said some information about Shi Zhen, and then said: "In the past 20 years, Mr. Shi has donated 170 million to charities. According to Mr. Shi's will, after his death, all his assets will be donated to charities..."

The TV screen turned into a memorial service.

Shi Zhen was a major taxpayer in J City, but the memorial service was very simple, which was in line with his habit of thrift.

But at this moment, this simple memorial service was crowded with people.

These people were old and young, male and female, rich and poor, and all of them looked sad.

They had been helped by Shi Zhen to a greater or lesser extent.

Shi Zhen has no children. In his life, he has done nothing but make money and do charity. It seems that making money is also for the purpose of having money for charity. How can such a person not be respected?

At five o'clock in the morning on March 12, 1994, under the newly built Wenhua Bridge in J City.

Wenhua Bridge spans a large river in the suburbs of J City.

In recent years, J City has been carrying out large-scale construction. The river bank of this river has been built with stones to protect the slope, and a spacious bridge has been built on the river. Not only can four cars drive side by side, but there is also a sidewalk on each side.

The bridge is very big, and the bridge hole under the bridge is naturally not small.

Children from nearby farmers have loved playing on and under the bridge since the bridge was built. There are also beggars who set up sheds under the bridge and live there.

Shi Zhen was woken up by the cold.

J City is located in the Yangtze River Delta, with long summers and short winters, but it is still a bit cold in March. Even if Shi Zhen wears a big cotton-padded jacket and wraps himself in several snakeskin bags, he still can't stop the cold from all directions.

After all, the place where he lives is not a warm house, but a bridge hole.

After waking up, he looked around, wrapped the snakeskin bag tightly around him, got up and sat down against the stone beside him, motionless.

This place is not unfamiliar to Shi Zhen.

When he was eighteen years old, he took his cousin Shi Xinghuo away from the small mountain village where he lived. He walked for half a day on the mountain road, then took a tractor for half a day, and then took a bus for a day. Finally, he came to J City, but there was not much money left.

He was reluctant to spend money on a hotel, and he didn't think that the place to sleep at night had to be a house. He lived under a bridge in the suburbs of J City, which was newly built not long ago and surrounded by farmland.

He and Shi Xinghuo lived in the bridge hole for almost a month. Later, they finally found a job and changed to live on the construction site.

Shi Zhen was also born in the Yangtze River Delta.

Province Z has been a land of seven-tenths mountains, one-tenth water and two-tenths fields since ancient times. There are wealthy coastal areas and small villages in the mountains.

When he died, Province Z was already very developed, and his hometown had been developed into a good place for tourism and vacation. Villagers went out to work, opened farmhouses, and had enough money to live a well-off life. But in the 1990s, that secluded mountain village was still very poor.