Chapter 165

It was Labor Day, but work at Shi Zhen’s construction site did not stop.

The loss of work at a construction site is huge. It usually stops when it rains or something and makes it impossible to continue working. Otherwise... the workers have no other holidays except the Chinese New Year.

They don't want to stop work either. The more work they do on the construction site, the more they get. Stopping work means they will make less money.

However, his workers did not have a holiday, but Shi Zhen himself...he gave himself a holiday.

Guan Baiyu's Internet cafe is about to open, and he plans to go there to support it.

Shi Zhen set off at around five o'clock in the morning so that he could arrive before the opening at eight o'clock.

At around seven o'clock, Shi Zhen entered the provincial capital.

The temperature on Labor Day was just right, not too cold or too hot.

Probably because smartphones didn’t prevent people from going to bed early and getting up early, there were already many people on the road, and the breakfast restaurants on the street were even more lively.

Some stores put tables and chairs outside, but they were still full of people.

Unlike ten or twenty years later, when many stores opened bigger and bigger, most of the stores now are quite small. They are just one storefront and do some small business.

Even though Shi Zhen entered the newly built commercial district, the shops here were still small. Unlike in later generations, a mobile phone store sold only a few products but took up a very large space.

Because of this... Guan Baiyu's two-story Internet cafe looked very, very big.

After it grows bigger, it becomes more conspicuous in a group of smaller shops.

Shi Zhen felt that anyone who came to this commercial street to shop would notice the Internet cafe called "White Stone" at a glance.

Looking at the name, Shi Zhen chuckled.

When Guan Baiyu was thinking about the name of the Internet cafe before, he also gave some suggestions, thinking that Guan Baiyu could give his Internet cafe a better name.

As a result, Guan Baiyu directly used this name and said that it would be an advertisement for his company.

Then...advertise him.

Shi Zhen stopped the car not far away.

The Internet cafe hadn't opened yet, but to Shi Zhen's surprise, there was someone waiting at the door.

He walked over and saw those people discussing this Internet cafe: "I heard that this Internet cafe will open today. If you go there in the first ten days, everything will be at a 20% discount. It only costs four yuan an hour!"

"I heard about it too and came here specifically to take a look."

"This is the first Internet cafe here. Last time I went all the way to another Internet cafe, it turned out that it was very small and there were not many computers. I had to wait for a long time before I could get in."

"I heard there are a lot of computers here."

"With the new internet cafe, the computers must be new too!"

Guan Baiyu did a lot of publicity before the Internet cafe opened.

Therefore, many people come here because of its reputation, and even wait here early in order to grab computers.