Chapter 26

Guan Baiyu probably didn't want Shi Xinghuo to hear him, so he lowered his voice.

In order to make Shi Zhen hear clearly, he moved very close to Shi Zhen.

Shi Zhen saw his appearance, clearly reflected in his eyes.

He also saw the joy and... a little pride in Guan Baiyu's eyes?

Shi Zhen closed his eyes, unable to tell what he felt in his heart.

He knew that Guan Baiyu's grandmother didn't leave any money for Guan Baiyu.

Guan Baiyu had said this in his previous life.

Once Guan Baiyu went to see his adoptive parents, and when he came back he was in a bad mood. After he asked, she told him about the conflict between his adoptive mother and his grandmother.

That was a common conflict between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law in rural areas. The mother-in-law was strong and favored boys over girls. She didn't like anything the daughter-in-law did. In addition, the daughter-in-law had never given her a grandson, so she regarded the daughter-in-law as an enemy.

Where is the daughter-in-law? She was also a human being, and it was impossible for her to be treated like this without complaint, so she didn't care about her mother-in-law when she was old, and she hated the adopted son raised by her mother-in-law.

At that time, Guan Baiyu also mentioned that his adoptive mother always felt that his grandmother had left him a lot of money, but in fact, his grandmother only left him a dozen yuan in total, and all the money had been spent before he went to high school.

After he found Guan Baiyu, he gave Guan Baiyu 30 yuan when they met, also because Guan Baiyu mentioned that he couldn't even buy salt for a period of time because he had no money.

The money that Guan Baiyu's grandmother left for Guan Baiyu, Guan Baiyu now has only a few yuan left, so where did the three hundred yuan come from?

Shi Zhen took a deep breath and thought of what Guan Jinjin said-Guan Baiyu went to Yan Jiangtao's house at noon today.

He had asked about Yan Jiangtao before and knew that Yan Jiangtao's father opened a small weaving workshop and made a lot of money.

So the three hundred yuan Guan Baiyu took out... was the compensation given by Yan Jiangtao's father after he went to the door?

Shi Zhen couldn't help it, and said hoarsely: "This money, was it given to you by Yan Jiangtao's father?"

Guan Baiyu was stunned.

After Shi Zhen went out, he looked a little bit wrong, Guan Baiyu could feel it.

But although Shi Zhen looked a little unhappy, his attitude towards him did not change. Guan Baiyu suspected that Shi Zhen was like this because he wanted to do business but didn't have enough money.

Even if it wasn't for this reason... Shi Zhen would definitely be happier with the money.

He hurriedly gave the money to Shi Zhen, but Shi Zhen was unhappy because he knew about his visit to Yan Jiangtao's house?

Guan Baiyu opened his mouth slightly, unable to speak, and was a little scared - he cheated Shi Zhen, would Shi Zhen be unhappy?

And he went to Yan's house like this and took other people's money, would Shi Zhen feel ashamed?

Guan Baiyu clenched his fists and was in a state of confusion. Suddenly, he heard Shi Zhen say, "Xiaoyu, I'm sorry."

Guan Baiyu was stunned and looked at Shi Zhen in confusion. Why did Shi Zhen apologize to him?