46. Don't ask about fondue.

"Miss Potts, there is a visitor in the gym," JARVIS tells me. I look up from my phone and groan.

"Do I have to meet it?"

"Yes, you have to meet her. She came here for you, after all. Her name is Agent Peggy Carter."

"Agent-what the hell..." I shoot out of my bedroom, not caring about the state of my hair or the fact that I'm wearing just a pyjama top over huge knickers. "JARVIS, isn't that-"

"Captain Roger's old girlfriend - yes," JARVIS replies. "He has been to visit her twice since his arrival in the 21st century. Both times she was severely ill with memory loss but she has since recovered. He hasn't visited for perhaps a year and a half. It should be a nice surprise to see her."

"Yeah...nice," I mutter. Bucky is going to be so mad. "How old is this old gal again?" I ask as the elevator doors open into the huge training floor.

"Less of the cheek, Eleanor."

Holy mother of Christ. "Mags?" I exclaim. "You..." I think back to the conversations with her at the ball. "Oh...I'm an idiot, aren't I?"

"A bit, dear," she smiles. For an old lady, she looks pretty well and happy, if a bit pale. I can see why Steve fell in love with her. She wanders round the room, her hand trailing over the gym equipment. She rests on Tony's punching bag. "Is this Steve's?" She asks softly.

"No. Tony's. Um, Tony Stark's. He likes to punch things too. They're similar in that aspect. He's very-"

"I know." Peggy says. "I knew his father, Howard."

A thousand thoughts flash through my mind and I smirk. "You knew him."

"Yes," she looks perplexed. "He was my friend."

"Did you two- uh, did you two fondue?" I ask,
grinning.

"I'm really regretting this now." She sighs.

Peggy's back! And as I've nearly reached 50 rules/chapters, I thought I should ask for suggestions of upcoming rules to do and maybe an idea for the grand 50TH RULE 💥💥

-Georgia