12. Don't let Bucky watch Titanic

"A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen," I sing as I sketch out Steve. I decided this morning to make my own book of Steve drawings and give it to him on his birthday. I have until July to fill and perfect it. With the trees decorated and placed around the decorated tower, I feel really Christmas-y.

Bucky looks up from Steve's diary- he started writing it since he was unfrozen so decided it would be useful to Bucky, however embarrassing it is. "Why are you singing? Are you happy?"

"Um..I just wanted to sing. I'm feeling festive," I tell him. I can see him processing this, since he's still recovering he's a bit stupid at times. Smart but socially stupid.

"Okay," he says. "I've almost finished Steve's diary."

"Am I in there?" I jokingly say but he nods. "Eh..what? I'm in his diary? I didn't think I was that important."

"He wrote about you arriving," Bucky scans through the pages. "And then about your dance. It says that he's never felt like this except with Peggy. Also he feels like Jack when the Titanic was sinking because he knows that he will lose you somehow."

"Aw, that's so...romantic!" I smile softly.

"Who's Jack? And the Titanic sunk years and years ago."

"It's a film about the sinking. Incredibly popular. About two people from different backgrounds who fall in love on the doomed voyage to a new life," I say dramatically. I love Titanic. It's so sad and sweet. Also I love the dresses.

"Can we watch it?" Bucky asks with a nervous look at me. "Please, ma'am."

"Don't call me ma'am. Call me Ellie. And I'll ask JARVIS. JARV, has Tony got titanic on DVD?" I ask the ceiling. Tony is trying to convince me that JARVIS is everywhere but he's still the voice in the ceiling to me.

"Certainly, Miss Potts, shall I play it for you on your current TV?" He says smoothly. Bucky jumps violently and looks around.

"Thanks, JARV. Yeah. Play it," I turn to Bucky. "You are in for the ride of your life."

***
Bucky stares at me, unblinking and looking incredibly sad. "The...is it the end...is there a sequel?" He says.

"No, there's not. It's a good movie, though, isn't it?" I smile and start gathering up the popcorn that's scattered all over the sofa. "Right, I'm going to ask Hawk if I can train with him and Nat," I say and bounce off.

***
"Has anyone seen Bucky today?" Steve asks as he serves us lasagna after a long day.

"We were watching Titanic this morning and he seemed strange after. Thanks, Steve," I smile at him as he sits next to me. Natasha rolls her eyes and Clint makes a gagging noise.

"I'm choking on your sickly sweet relationship," he tells us.

My cheeks fire up. "We're not in a relationship, Hawk," I say in embarrassment.

"Yet." Tony mutters to Bruce and he chuckles.

"How strange was he?" Steve asks.

"Oh, he was just sat there, staring. Maybe he was emotional. I went to train with Hawk and Spider." I slurp up some pasta.

"You didn't train. You sat on an exercise ball and commented on how much you ship us," Natasha says.

I grin wickedly. "Exercise balls are fun and you guys are cute." Their looks of disgust and frowns were almost worth the pain in her leg when Natasha kicked me.

"I'm worried about Buck," Steve says. "Should we try and find him?"

"Captain of America, we have just began to dine and I am hugely hungry!" Thor booms. "I cannot wait until we reach the dessert!"

"But..." He trails off.

"Just ask JARVIS," Bruce says sensibly.

"JAR-"

"Sir, Mr Barnes is currently on the roof of the tower. Would you like me to send a message to him?"

"What's he doing up there?" Steve asks.

"I believe he is impersonating Rose from the film, Titanic, on the edge."

Everyone looks at me and I sigh. "Don't blame me."

"I'm blaming you." Natasha says and everyone nods in agreement.