chapter 1~ leaving

"Dad did you really have to take the job in Australia? Why couldn't you take the one in Oregon or Arizona? You're making me pick up my life and move it across the world it's ridiculous!" I had been begging my dad to keep us home for the past month since he told me.

"Yes I did. It pays good money, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go finish packing, which is what you should be doing too."

I decided to text my best friends and tell them to come over.

In about 10 minutes they came running up to my room. I couldn't help but burst into tears.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much. This is going to be hell. Why couldn't he pick one of the closer ones?" I said in tears.

"Hey look at me" Kaitlyn said "Do me a favor and meet some hot Australian guy and live happily ever after?"

All I could do was laugh. I think madison was taking this harder than her. She had been my best friend since I moved here 8 years ago.

"Madison I know this is hard but you have to realize I don't have a choice... I'm not 18 yet."

She looked at me with glossy eyes and left.

"Megan don't worry we will try to talk as much as we can just don't forget about us when you make new friends out there." Somehow Kaitlyn always knew how to make the situation better.

"I love you so much Kaitlyn I'm going to miss you" I whispered and hugged her as tight as I could.

"Do you think madison will come with to the airport? I mean I feel bad about this and all but maybe this will be good for me..."

There was a short silence, followed by kaitlyn standing up.

"Well since I'm here I might as well help you pack seeing as you have packed nothing and you are leaving in 4 days."

With that we blasted Green Day throughout my room and packed up everything except my major essentials.

Before I knew if we had everything packed that we could fit in our suitcases and we were walking through the doors of the airport.

Over the past few days It actually hit me that I was leaving. I spent the majority of the time with kaitlyn and madison.

"Just remember to call us as often as you can I don't know how we are going to last without seeing you almost every day" Madison said with tears brimming her eyes.

I hugged her and moved to kaitlyn who was already in tears.

"Promise you'll see us as soon as you can?"

"I promise Kaitlyn don't worry"

"Oh and don't forget to get a hot Australian boyfriend I mean those guys accents are so hot and the surfers are ju-"

"ok ok I get it I will try. I love you guys"

With that I walked to my gate entrance with my dad.

"Hey don't worry you will see them soon" my dad said kissing the top of my head.

"Flight 186 to Sydney is now boarding"

"Here goes nothing" I mumbled to myself.