chapter 3~ not so bad

I woke up to a loud beeping noise, but I wasn't able to place where it was coming from.

At first I thought it was my alarm on my phone so I tried turning it off but turns out it was the moving van that had all of our stuff on it.

I got up off of the floor, shoving the blanket and pillow I was using in my closet, and ran downstairs.

I looked around to see no movers at all. Only the one that was driving the truck.

"Dad did you get anyone to help us move the stuff in?"

"umm well no I figured we could do it ourselves? you know father daughter bonding time."

I groaned at the thought of carrying all this stuff in until I see the boy again. I still don't know his name. I should probably ask Mali or something.

"My mum said you guys needed some help moving your stuff in so I was sent to help." The boy said looking like he was forced.

I looked down to see I was in my All time low tshirt that went to mid thigh with Nike pros underneath. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up to see the boy smirk at me then look at his phone and text someone. I turned back to the house and changed into a sports bra, left my tshirt and Nike pros under my black ripped shorts.

after throwing my hair in a messy bun I ran back downstairs to see almost all of our living room furniture in and a few small things left in the truck as well as the stuff for my room.

"Dad how did you guys get everything out so quickly?" I was genuinely confused. I didn't take that long, did I?

"Well neighbor boy here- what's your name son?"

"It's Calum"

"ahh ok Calum had some of his friends come over to help. He's quite a gentleman but you're my little girl so no boys for you" he said sticking his tongue out.

Calum. That's his name. And he brought his friends to help me? I should go introduce myself then and thank them for helping.

"Hey Calum, right?" I said walking up to him.

"Yeah, Megan right?" he said with a slight smirk.

"Umm yeah I just wanted to thank you for helping us move our stuff in you really didn't have to. umm and thank your friends for me for helping I really do appreciate it."

He just smiled for a while and finally spoke up "I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to help a pretty girl like yourself"

I could feel my face heating up. I wasn't used to compliments like that, or really compliments at all. Back at home I wasn't ever the pretty girl I was the girl that was practically invisible.

" Hey umm we should hang out sometime or something.. I mean if you want to we can but if not I don't mind I mean I know you just moved here and-"

"I'd love to Calum. It'll have to be after I get settled in here and at school though" I liked it when he rambled he was cute. But I can't do that to mali she's like my new best friend.

"Yeah ok umm what school are you going to?" Calum seemed nervous. He normally had the smirk on his face.

"Umm Van Avery I think"

"You should go to Valley View it's much closer and I go there so I could show you around and stuff. Plus it's right on the beach" he puts up a very good argument.

"okay I'll just have my dad enroll me there then. I don't think It would be that big of a deal." I smiled

"okay umm well I'll give you the rest of the day to unpack and get settled before you have to go to school tomorrow. "

"thank you Calum again for helping." I whispered in his ear before kissing his cheek and walking away, with him standing there staring.

I decided where  I wanted to put everything until I liked how my room looked. The bookshelves where completely filled and I had my speakers set up around my room.

Laying on my bed all I could think about was Calum. I don't know why but before I could think about it anymore I got a text from Mali

From: Mali
Hey do you want to hang out tonight? I can help you pick out something to wear for your first day tomorrow? or we can just order a pizza Idc

To:Mali
Yeah that sounds like fun come over in like 20 I have to finish unpacking

From: Mali
alright see you then

I dropped my phone on my bed and headed to the shower. I really needed it but it gave me time to think and then I tend to overthink things so I took a quick shower.

I walked out with just a towel and found my pjs and got changed in my closet.after I got them on I walked out to see the blinds of my window open and Calum looking at me through his window.

I smiled and waved and he did the same. I turned away and made my queen bed so when Mali came over she wouldn't feel obligated to help me.

With that I waited for Mali to come over but fell asleep before she did.

I woke up to see a note on my desk saying

Dear Meg,
Lol you like the nickname? anyway you were asleep when I came over so I put the pizza in your fridge Downstairs. I hope you slept well!
-Mali xoxo

I felt bad but that was only until I got distracted by a shirtless Calum standing in his window on the phone.

With that I realized this wouldn't be so bad after all.