chapter 2~ A new beginning

After our 20 hour flight we finally landed in Sydney and I'm already missing my friends from California.

I had to wake my dad up when we landed since he had fallen asleep after only three hours. I had never been in a plane so me being the paranoid person that I am didn't sleep the entire plane ride. The only experience I had with planes was the episode on Greys Anatomy where the plane crashed, so I was nervous to say the least.

"You ready for this kiddo?"

if I was gonna be honest with him I would say no I want to go home but I loved my dad too much to actually say that.
"Umm yeah I guess"

After retrieving our luggage we got a rental car and drove to our new house.

We had been driving for a while when I started to see these huge houses right up on the beach. They looked more like mansions really, but that might've been because I had only ever lived in a 3 bedroom house that was pretty small.

We pulled up to a fairly large house, not as big as the other ones but still pretty big.

"we're here"

I looked at my dad in shock.

"Go choose your room I'll start getting stuff out of the car."

I immediately sprinted up the steps to the house and ran through the door that was unlocked. First I ran to the basement that was filled with games and a large tv, then back upstairs to the kitchen and living room. There was a huge glass door that lead right out to the beach. I then ran upstairs to find a bathroom, the master bedroom (which I assumed would be my dads) and two other rooms on the other side of the hallway. But there was one more door at the end of the hallway.

I opened it and immediately knew I wanted this room. It had a huge window as soon as you walked in, with a built in bookshelf by the door. it had a walk-in closet with a bathroom right next to it. Then there was a bay window that faced the house next to us. when I looked through the window it looked like a teenage boys room with dark walls and clothes all over the floor.

"Did you pick your room yet?" my dad called from downstairs. I heard him walking up the stairs when he walked in and said "I figured you would pick this room. The movers will be here tomorrow morning with the stuff we ordered so we have blow up mattresses until then."

"Okay thanks dad. I'm probably just going to put what stuff I brought with me away and then go to sleep. I didn't sleep at all on the way here" I said yawning.

"ok here's your stuff-" he was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"I'll be right back" my dad said running down the stairs.

A few minutes later he came back up and said "The neighbors invited us over for dinner so your nap will have to wait until after."

I looked at the clock. 4:52 pm

"What time did they say to come over?"

"They said around 6 or 6:30"

"Okay thanks dad love you"

"love you too. I'm just gonna go downstairs if you need me"

and with that I ended up falling asleep on the surprisingly comfy carpet.

I woke up to my dad yelling my name. When I looked at the time on my phone it said 5:58.

"shit" I mumbled to myself. I decided to change into my black ripped skinned jeans, a white tshirt with a black bandeau, and my black and white converse. I put on some makeup And decided to leave my hair down since I don't like the way it looks up normally.

I looked at my phone 6:18.

wow I got ready fast

I sprinted downstairs to were my dad was and we practically ran next door. I them noticed it's the house that my room faces.

I hadn't even noticed my dad rang the doorbell until a lady opened the door.

"You must be Megan, I'm Joy it's so nice to meet you" I was expecting a handshake or something but she went straight for the hug.

"It's very nice to meet you" I said rather quietly. I don't do well with meeting new people really.

"Hi I'm Mali-Koa but you can call me Mali. It's great to meet you. How old are you? where did you move from? Have you met anyone yet? What school are you-"

"Mali why don't you give her a chance to answer one question before you ask another." she was cut short by what looked to be her brother.

She gave him a dirty look then proceeded to sit down at their dinner table. They had a large house that looked very similar to mine.

"So Megan why don't you tell us about yourself."

I began to mess with my fingers under the table. I've never been good under pressure. I then thought to myself "this is a new place I'm going to make a new me"

"Umm well I'm Megan, I'm 16 I'm going to be a junior in high school, I moved from California, I've only been here for a couple hours so I have yet to see or meet anyone." I said confidently thinking about the questions Mali had asked me earlier.

I looked over to see the boy, I don't think I was ever given his name, staring at me from across the table. We locked eyes for a split second until Mali began talking to me again.

Soon enough dinner was over and I had exchanged numbers with Mali and could finally go home and sleep. It's currently 8:15 so we were over there for a solid two hours and I still never got the boys name..

"Well here's to a new beginning " I mumbled to myself before falling asleep.