Chapter Thirty Two- December 23rd

Previously on The Contest:

Louis' POV

"I- I thought I saw Eleanor outside earlier." Mum set down her cup of tea and looked at me.

"What?! Why didn't you say something?!" She shrieked and ran to the curtains, looking outside.

"Sorry mum. I just hoped it was a hallucination." I told her. She sighed and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Well why don't you call the station? Maybe they can tell you if she's escaped." I looked at her, why didn't I think of that??

"I'm gonna do that. Thanks mum." She shook her head and waved it off before going upstairs to try and sleep.

**Is Eleanor in fact still in prison?**

** Will Josh's family come down and meet Amanda or is she just paranoid? **

Liam's POV

"Danielle Claire Peazer, please don't leave me hanging again. Please don't run away again. Danielle, I've shown you my love for you is neverending and I would love to continue that. Although, as we've established, I can't give you normal, I can be your everything. I can't express how much I love you, Dani, but if you say yes I will tell you and show you, everyday for the rest of our lives. I know this is a lot, but Danielle, I'm asking you again: Will you marry me?" I pulled out the jewelry case from my jacket and showed the ring again. Her eyes were shining and she nodded quickly.

"Yes. Yes, I will." I grin like a fool who won the lottery (and I did: Danielle), and stood up, slipping the ring onto her left ring finger. I pulled her into a hug, and heard cheers behind us. I ignored it and spun us around.

Danielle flung her hands up in the air. It was then I saw it. No, nothing wrong with Danielle. It had started to pour down raining and something caught my eye when she had flung her arms out. I pulled down her left hand. Her ring was missing. Danielle looked at me, wide eyed. Uh oh. I looked into my parents' yard and it was already flooded. There was no way we'd be able to find it.

Since I'm well, rich, it wouldn't bother me if I had just bought the ring from the jewelry store. But one problem: that ring belonged to my great- great grandma who passed it down to my great grandma who passed it down to grandma and then to my mom. Since I am the only boy of hers, I got the ring to propose to Danielle with.

** Where's the ring? **

Chapter Thirty Two

Date: December 23th

Josh's POV

Amanda had finally come back about five hours later with four bags full of presents for my family who said they are NOT coming for Christmas.

"I hope you kept the receipts. They said they aren't coming, then they aren't coming." I told her as she walked in front of the telly and into our bedroom.

"Hey Amanda." My body tensed. Ryan and Nat were still here. I tried to, subtly, tell him to get the fuck out of my flat but the dude just wasn't getting the hint.

"Hey Ry! You and Natalie okay? Need anything?" I heard Amanda respond cheerfully. I guess Ryan had said no and Amanda returned to me.

I picked her up and sat her in my lap. She giggled and I kissed her on the lips. Her arms wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer to deepen the kiss. We jumped apart at the sound of someone clearing their throat. I looked over and my eyes narrowed at the culprit but softened when I saw Nat.

"Sorry. I was coming to see if Amanda needed help with dinner?" She looked at Amanda, curiously. Amanda nodded, smiling.

"Sure!" She looked at me and gave me another kiss, my lips moving with hers as she pulled away, getting off my lap. I pouted and watched her saunter away to the kitchen with Nat. I smiled and looked to see NFL on. Ryan just happened to come out of the room at that time and I tried to ignore him but it wasn't possible since he sat next to me.