The monster inside

Donnie's POV

I braced myself for Shredder's attack and I felt myself being pushed back, but nothing else. I opened my eyes to see someone in front of me and making a wolf-like growl. It was April! My sweet, innocent chinchilla was protecting me. "April, move out the way!", I yelled. All she did was growl. Shredder seemed taken back, but it didn't last long.

Shredder attacked but she dodged it and used his weight against him to flip him over! Somehow he was rendered unconscious and she came over to me. Her eyes! They were wolf-like too!

April's POV

'Oh god!! What did I just do?'

"How did you do that?", Donnie asked once we were in the lair.

"I don't know", I lied.

"Yes, you do.", he pushed.

"Fine," I said as everyone gathered around," when I was little I found a baby wolf that I thought was a puppy and I started to pet it. Then a couple of drops of mutagen fell out the sky. Though I didn't know what it was back then. Even though I can't be mutated, I was young enough where it influenced my instincts."

"What about your eyes?", Donnie asked.

"It happens when my instincts take over", I said.

"That explains why you're a mutant.", Mikey said innocently.

"Sure.", Donnie and I replied.

" Can I talk to you April?", Donnie asked a little nervous.

"Sure", I replied.

He led me out the dojo into the sewers of New York.