Mating season

April's POV

I woke up realizing something was wrong. 'Oh well' It would come to me later. I put on my best outfit (which I usually saved for when I was trying to impress a guy) for no reason. It was Saturday, so, no school! I decided to go down to see Donnie. 'I mean, the guys!'

***************

I was in the sewers already when I heard the guys shouting at each other.

"SHE DOSN'T LIKE YOU!!!"

"HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

"SHUT UP!"

"SHE'S COMING BACK!"

"NO, SHE WON'T"

"Hey guys!", I called out wondering who they were talking about. "APRIL!!", Donnie yelled. He ran up to me and captured me in a huge hug. I was blushing like mad. Suddenly, Mikey came by stealing me out of Donnie's grasp and ran.

"MIKEY!!", the other 3 yelled.

I started to fight Mikey to be freed. He finally put me down. I took this chance to run, grab Leo by the arm, and lock us in his room.

"What's going on?"

"Mating season."

"That explains why I felt different this morning."

"You're not a turtle, though"

"It's wolf mating season too.", I said a little shyly.

"Why does it affect you?"

"It's part of my instincts."

"Oh."

We heard a loud crash outside. I ran outside to see Raph fighting Donnie. Leo held back Raph, while I grabbed Donnie.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. It's just Raph."

"Okay.", I said and smiled. My heart was racing as Donnie looked at me. 'His eyes are incredible'

Donnie's POV

My whole day had been full of arguments and fights, but now April was here. I was pretty sure my face was as red as Raph's mask.

"April, you wanna train with me?", I heard Leo ask.

"Sure.", April replied. She had hesitated. 'Wait, April never hesitates to train! Why now?'

I only watched as Leo and April walked to the dojo. Without me. I decided to watch them in the shadows. I watched as April sparred against Leo. She was fighting so hard.

***************

An hour later, April ended training.

"I'm gonna go check on Don."

"You mean your boyfriend?"

"Shut up, Leo."

"You know you like Don."

"Maybe, but why would I tell you?"

"Touche."

'Oh my God! Did April just say she liked me?' I ran to my lab before April could.

"Hey April. Why are you done with training so early?"

"I think you know.", she said looking a little lustful as she walked up to me. She was so close there was no room between us. I was blushing like crazy as she put her hands on my shoulders and leaned in. My mind was running like crazy, because my princess was kissing me!

April's POV

I was kissing Donnie! My adrinline was pumping. I was madly blushing when Donnie put his hands on my hips and kissed back. We were like that for a while when there was a knock on Donnie's door. He groaned. I could tell he was upset.

"Donnie time to go on patrol.", Leo called.

"Okay."

He leaned down and whispered close to my ear, "I gotta go." Donnie wouldn't let me go on patrol since I had a few bad cuts from when I was kidnapped.

"I'll wait for you."

"It might be a while."

"But I know that you won't let it since you know I'll be waiting for you."

"Touche."

My heart was still racing as he left.