The Cure

April's POV
I had been in the lab for a week now and I was no closer to finding a cure than I had been before. Donnie was getting worse everyday. I had to find a cure fast before Donnie, you know, died.

I started to read through some of Donnie's notes from when he tested Heiwa. I found something really interesting. According to Donnie's notes, Heiwa's saliva causes people to have hallucinations because of the chemicals in it. These are the same chemicals that make people go into withdrawal.

I had noticed that Heiwa had bitten both Donnie and Mikey. I did not know why until now. All I had to do now was figure out how to reverse the effects.

I looked further into Donnie's notes and found a set of instructions hidden in the back of the notes that can only be seen with his blacklight.

I turned on the blacklight and carefully followed the directions. After a couple of hours the antidote was complete and I told Raph and Leo to bring Mikey in.

They held Mikey down so that I could put the needle in his arm. After a moment he shook out of his hallucinations and was fine.

Now, Donnie's turn.

I injected the serum and he started to shake violently. I immediately started to freak out and I yelled, "Master Splinter!" He came into the lab and went immediately to work. Leo tried to calm me down but I couldn't. I just kept thinking what would happen if I lost him?

There was no calming me then. I broke down. Leo lead me out against my will and calmed me down a little but not much.

After a while I was lead back into the lab. I started to talk to Donnie hoping he could hear me. Suddenly he woke up. He had a confused and scared expression on his face.

"What's going on? Who are you people?" I broke down all over again.