The Baby

April's POV

I had finally convinced Leo to let me go on patrol. We split up into two groups. Me, Donnie, and Casey were in a group while Leo, Raph, and Mikey were in their own group.

We had gone half way through the patrol when someone unwanted showed up.

Donnie's POV

Shredder.

He had just shown up and I was already in front of April. He wasn't going to hurt her or our little girl. As soon as he stepped forward I attacked.

Which was stupid of me, since I knew he would be a lot faster than me.

Once I attacked it only took one good chance and he had already cut my shell.

"DONNIE!", I heard April yell.

 When I was down Karai came and took April who apparently had some how become knocked out.

I tried so hard to go after them for I was not ready to lose my little princesses, but I was in so much pain.

Eventually the guys came and took me to the lair and Splinter fixed the cut.

**********

It had been two days since April and Heiwa had been taken from me.

It was tearing me apart. I wasn't allowed to go on patrol because of my stitches.

During the time that the guys were on patrol I was trying to use April's T-phone to triangulate her coordinates, but her signals were blocked.

Leo's POV

We were on patrol searching every place we could. We had searched Shredder's lair earlier and we barely got out.

I felt bad for Donnie. The one girl he has ever loved being taken from him every time he turns around. It wasn't fair to him.

As we went across I heard Mikey.

"Leo come look."

"What is it?"

As I went to see what he was looking at I heard a slight moan and to be honest that made me nervous. When I looked into the alley I saw a familiar red-head.

"April!"

After I yelled her name Raph pushed me to the side and picked up April.

"Lets get her to the lair.", I said.

"No duh."

We rushed to the lair and as we entered Donnie's look went from curious to full on worried.

"April!", he said as he pushed us to the side and took April to the lab.

April's POV

I woke up in a lab and I immediately freaked out. Then I heard the one person I've been missing the most. "Donnie. I was so scared. I thought-", but then he cut me off. "It's okay. As long as you're okay."

His words caught me a little off guard. As long as I'm doing okay.

"What do you mean by that?", I asked.

Then Donnie looked as if he might cry as he pulled me into a hug and repeatedly said, "I'm sorry, April, I'm so sorry."

That's when I realized what had happened in the labs.

Karai's POV

As I looked into the tube I thought 'How could I have done to this girl what I have had done to me. Torn away from my mother and father'

Right as I finished that thought I heard my 'father' say," Don't feel pity for this creature. It will be used to destroy Hamato Yoshi." "Yes father", I replied as I left the room to go train. I had to distract myself somehow from this.