The memories

Donnie's POV

I woke up in a strange room with three giant turtles ,one with a blue mask, one with a red mask, and one with an orange mask, a giant rat, and a red-headed girl with grey wings. They looked familiar but I didn't know why.

"What's going on? Who are you people?", I asked.

Then the red-headed girl broke down. It hurt to see her cry, I wanted to help but I didn't know how to. Then the turtle with the blue mask started to try to calm her down. The rat stepped forward towards me. He then started to explain to me that they were my family, Mikey, Raph,and Leo, and the red-headed girl with the wings was my lover, April, in his words.

Then Mikey spoke up, "His diaries!"

All of the others looked at him with a confused look on their face except for April, who was still crying softly.

Mikey ran out of the room and came back with a bunch of books. "Read these.", was all he said and they all left the room except for the girl. She just got on the small bed beside me and leaned her head on my shoulder. I didn't say anything because I knew she was hurting so I just started to read the small journals which appeared to be mine.

Half way through the books, a boy with a hockey mask appeared. "Ugh, you again.", is what he said. I didn't know what he was talking about so I didn't respond. Luckily for me, April did.

April's POV

"What do you want, Casey?", I said getting up.

"I came to get my girl back."

"So you came here to get directions to the junk yard? Seems like you already know since that's where you got your personality." I heard Donnie chuckle slightly.

"I meant you."

He pulled me close to him as I struggled to get away. He leaned in to kiss me, and I closed my eyes hoping he wouldn't, but before I felt him kiss me I felt someone pulling him off of me. I opened my eyes to see Donnie standing there.

"Do you remember?", I asked.

"No.", he said with hesitation.

"Then why did you-"

"I just felt like I should."

"What the heck man?!?", Casey yelled.

"Don't yell at him, its not his fault he cant remember anything."

"He can't remember anything? Then he shouldn't get between us right, Red?"

"There is no us, Casey. Never has been, never will be."

"Fine, you win for now. But you will learn to love me."

"No I won't."

Then Casey walked out of the room. I turned to Donnie and tried to think of something that would help him remember.

He finished reading the journals, he read all of his scientific notes, he studied all of his pictures, he even looked at everything in the lair hoping it would bring back something and they all lead to nothing.

Then I had an idea. I took his hand and lead him to the same part of the sewers where he first told me his feelings towards me.

Donnie's POV

April grabbed my hand and led me to the sewers.

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"You'll see soon enough."

I sighed as she continued to lead me through the sewers. When we stopped we were in a place that I slightly recognized.

Then April turned around and said three simple words that held a lot of meaning.

"I love you.", she said as she leaned in to kiss me and wrapped her wings around me.

When she kissed me all of my memories came back. Everything from my brothers, to sensei, and to April.

Once she broke away I responded with, "I love you too, princess."

"Donnie!! Don't ever scare me like that again."

"Of course not."

Then she grabbed my hand again and we ran to the lair to tell my brothers and sensei.

Once we told them sensei was happy and my brothers were thrilled. Even Raph.

"Welcome back Nerd-atello.", he said putting me in a head lock.

I was glad to be back.