The Family

Heiwa's POV

I woke up and everything felt fuzzy. I looked around the room I was in and recognized it as the lab. As I was checking out my surroundings I noticed my dad walk into the room.

"Hi daddy!", I said with a big smile on my face.

I watched my dad put his hand over his mouth in shock. He then called for my mom to come.

"April, come here!"

"Coming ,Donnie!"

My mom walked in so I greeted her too, "Hi mommy!"

My mom looked as if she would faint from excitement.

April's POV

She was back! My little girl was back!

"You heard her too ,right?", I asked Donnie. I had to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

"I heard her!"

I looked back at Heiwa and I went to unlock the cage. When I did, she ran out of the cage.

Donnie's POV

When April opened the cage Heiwa flew out of the cage and tackled me and April into a hug. My heart swelled with pride knowing that this was officially mine and April's little girl. She was ours and no one was ever going to hurt her again.

Leo's POV

I walked into the lab to check on Donnie because I had heard a large crash. As I looked in I was proud of my brother and April. They were able to get Heiwa back.

I silently called over my other brothers and sensei to look into the room and I could tell that all of them, even Raph, was happy for Donnie. Our family was close to complete. 

We still needed to get Karai back.

April's POV

Me and Donnie were going to take Heiwa to officially meet her uncles and grandfather when we noticed that they were standing outside the door. 

Mikey noticed us watching and ran up to hug Heiwa. I flinched a little at him swinging her around because even though she wasn't a baby Donnie said she was, mentally and physically, a two year old.

"Congratulations my children.", Master Splinter said.

I looked to Heiwa, sitting in Mikey's lap on the floor, and started to introduce her uncles and grandfather.

"Heiwa, this is your grandfather, Master Splinter.", I said.

"You may call me grandfather, for Master is a title for your teacher."

"You are her teacher. Of course, only if you want. Donnie and I have talked and agreed you will be the perfect teacher for her."

"I would be honored, my child."

"These are your uncles, Raph, Leo, and Mikey."

"Hi there, Heiwa.", Leo said in a calming voice.

"Sup.", Raph said, trying to still be tough.

"What's up lil' dudette!", Mikey said bouncing Heiwa in his lap as she giggled.

For the rest of the day, Heiwa went from watching Space Heroes with Leo, to playing video games with Mikey, to training with Raph, to meditating with Master Splinter, to experimenting in the lab with Donnie, and to practicing her abilities with me. 

It was perfect. Nothing could tear our family apart, or so i thought. What I didn't know was that the worst was yet to come.