The Change

April's POV

Now that Donnie's back we went to see Heiwa. When we entered she looked disappointed that Donnie had his memory back. She immediately curled her little black wings around herself.

"I knew I should have poisoned him.", she muttered to herself.

"No, you shouldn't have. How would you get to know your own dad then?", Donnie asked.

"You're not my father."

"You only think that because of Shredder.-"

"My true father."

"Not at all accurate, but he put that idea in your head to turn you against us. I'm not letting that happen, because I have found out how to fix this."

I was shocked, I didn't know this. I thought that it would at least take a few more months. Donnie looked at me and smiled his adorable gap-toothed smile.

"Really?", I asked.

"Yeah.", he responded.

"Then let's do it, let's get our little girl back.", I said smiling.

He nodded and put the finishing touches to the serum. I shivered at the thought of a needle and Donnie looked at me caringly.

"It's okay."

"What if it hurts her?"

"It'll only hurt for a minute. It'll feel like a headache."

"You mean-"

"Yes, and you can leave the room during that time if you wish to do so."

"No, I want to stay with Heiwa."

Donnie put the serum into a needle and placed it on the table while I prepared Heiwa's restraints. Donnie quickly opened the cage and I grabbed Heiwa and placed her onto the table until all of the restraints were secure. Thank goodness I had enhanced speed and strength or else she would have gotten away.

I watched as Donnie placed the needle near Heiwa's temple. Then he quickly injected the serum. As soon as that was done he connected sensors to both temples and started to put in codes on the computer connected to it. After a minute he closed the computer and disconnected the sensors. Heiwa went limp and I got paranoid.

"Is she-"

"No, she's just tired. That was a lot for her brain to process. Let's leave her alone for a while."

Then I lifted Heiwa from the table after the restraints were taken away, I wrapped her in a blanket and placed her back in the cage.