The Outbreak

April's POV

After I got Heiwa into Donnie's titanium handcuffs, I took a DNA sample from me, Donnie, and Heiwa.

I went to the lab and got Donnie's advanced microscope that he used to see what was done to me in the labs. When I observed all of the DNA samples I noticed that Donnie's DNA was only a little different. There was more carbon dioxide in his blood, which if too much of can cause hallucination or worse, death.

The test I did showed that in Heiwa' s blood was the ability to change the oxygen in someone's blood to carbon dioxide. I had to find a way to change it back before the amount in Donnie's blood became too much.

Then I heard a scream and I remembered Mikey. I ran out the room to see Mikey sobbing in the corner. Leo and Raph ran into the room.

"What happened?",Leo asked.

"Heiwa go out and...",then Raph cut in.

"She got out!!"

"Yes, now listen. She got out and she attacked Mikey and Donnie. I shot her with a tranquilizer dart and I found out that she has the ability to make people insane by changing the oxygen in someone's blood to carbon dioxide. "

"So what do we do?",Leo asked.

"I'm trying to find a cure now. But I need you two to keep Mikey calm so I can have more time to find a cure. The more stressed out he is the more carbon dioxide gets in his blood."

They both nodded in understanding.

I left the room when I realized that both Mikey and Donnie had been bit. Maybe that had something to do with it. So I had to put a muzzle on Heiwa to keep her from biting anyone.

I went into the lab and started working on a cure with Donnie sitting beside me so I could try to keep him calm. I would do anything to help Donnie get better. As he was sitting he started to cry. I jumped since it startled me. He was having a really bad hallucination.

Donnie's POV

I was sitting in the lab with April, which should have been happy until I heard the most annoying voice in the world.

"Hey Red! Where are you?"

"In the lab." she replied.

When he walked into the room I saw April stand up and walk over to him. He wrapped his arms around my April and kissed her. Then the worst thing happened. She kissed him back.

"April, how could you?", I asked.

"Ha, you think I could love you? Why would I want a freak like you when I can have the famous Casey Jones? No one could ever love you.", April replied.

I tried to hold back my tears but I couldn't. I broke down. I was nothing but an empty shell.

April's POV

I watched as Donnie broke down. I wanted to help but nothing was working. I was trying to keep Donnie calm when his heart rate got too high. I tried everything to calm him but I couldn't get to him. All of a sudden Donnie went into a coma. I quickly hooked him up with an I.V. and lied him down. Now I definitely wasn't going to stop until I got that cure for Donnie and Mikey. All because I'm not fast enough.