The Date

April's POV

It was 11:15. I had 45 minutes. I put on my purple tank top, a black jacket, a pair of jean shorts, and some combat boots. I didn't know for sure who wanted to see me. So in case it was who I hoped, I wanted to look cute. If it wasn't, I wanted to be sure I could run and that I had my tessen with me.

I hopped out my window and headed to the abandoned fortune cookie factory. As I turned the corner around the back, I saw a small candle on a table. "H-hey.", I heard a voice say.

"Donnie.", I replied as I smiled. 'I knew it was him. Sort of.'

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks. And would you please come into the light. I can't talk to a shadow."

"Okay."

As he stepped into the light the first thing I noticed was that he was a bright red. Next thing was that he was singing 'Locked Away by R. City' As he finished he asked me, "Would you?" "Of course I would",I responded. With that he smiled and kissed me.

 As he pulled away he just smiled and pressed his forehead against mine. "What?", I asked. "I love you.", he replied. I just smiled.

On the inside, my mind was reeling. 'I can't believe he said it!, Does he mean it?, Is this just his mating season talking?' After a while he broke the silence, "You want some pizza?" "Sure"

For the rest of the night we ate pizza and talked. To others it might have been boring but for me that was the most magical night of my life.