The Escape

Donnie's POV

I woke up to see all grey. At first I thought I was still sleeping when I saw April sleeping beside me and I remembered her wings. They were amazing, an approximate 7 foot wingspan, a beautiful grey all around the wings, and (from what I could tell) added little weight. As I was thinking April started to wake.

"Hey, D."

"Hey princess."

"Princess? That's new."

"What about that time-"

"Remember, you muted that."

"Sure."

"So, how are we going to get out of here?"

"Change subjects much?"

"Sorry Don. I just stand to be here anymore.", she said as fear filled her eyes.

"I know. Let's see what we can come up with.", i said feeling a little guilty for trying to make a joke right now. For at least half an hour we quietly planned an escape to be pulled as soon as possible. That was until we were pulled out of our cells and led to the lab.

April's POV

At first I thought that me and Donnie were going to be experimented on. I was wrong. Just me. Donnie was suddenly pulled away towards an arena-like room. As he was pulled away he looked back at me. 'Be careful',I mouthed. 'I will.', he mouthed back.

I was yanked into the lab and all I saw were more droids. 'Crap, where are all these droids coming from?' The droid strapped me to the same table against my will. Not like they cared. Or had feelings.

I looked around the room to see what they had planned, and I saw that they were going to tweak/advance my senses and increase my speed, strength (good luck), and balance. Wow, that's not going to hurt. After a minute or two I saw a droid coming to me to put a syringe in me and put me to sleep.

The last thing that I thought was 'At least it wont hurt too much.'

Donnie's POV

 I was leaded to the arena-like room and I started to worry. 'What are they doing? What if I don't come out? Who's gonna help April escape?'

Suddenly I was in the room and I saw Karai. "What's going on?", I asked.

"What, I can't just see my second favorite turtle?"

"Yeah. 'Cause we all know Leo's your favorite."

"Shut up.", she said as she landed a kick onto my plastron.

So the deal was that I had to fight. Easy enough.

April's POV

 I woke up in my cell and there was no Donnie. I was in pain all over. After a couple of minutes of waiting I said, "If I find out they hurt MY Donnie in any way I will kill them all."

"Easy girl.", said a voice at the entrance of the cell.

"Donnie!"

I noticed as he walked over to me was that he was limping. "What did they do to you?", I said a little more worried than I intended. "Nothing", he replied.

"Really. Nothing, I doubt that."

"All I did was fight."

"Who?"

"Karai."

When Donnie said that my blood boiled and I wanted to kill her. She fought Donnie and hurt him.

Donnie's POV

I could tell April was mad so I brought up the idea of the escape plan. We went over it a few times before it was show time.

The guard who was doing the routinely check on us passed by and I slipped the access key out of his back pocket. 'Too easy' I swiped the card across the scanner after he was gone. I went out first with April right behind me.

We had to go through the throne room to get out. THAT was the hard part. No, the hard part was that I have to leave before April if we ended up fighting. She would fight the foot, but if she had to fight Shredder then she had to avoid him, while I had to break through the glass roof so she could fly out. I didn't want to but she insisted. God, she's determined.

As we entered the throne room the only person we saw was Karai. 'Of course'

"Trying to escape already?"

"No comment.", I heard April say as she attacked. Karai was fast but April was somehow faster. I didn't hesitate with the plan. My immediate reaction was getting up to the roof and busting the glass. As the glass shattered Karai was thrown back allowing April to fly up through the roof. 'Finally, now we can get home.'

April's POV

I knew that I should be happy to get out of there but all I could think was, 'That was too easy. Why?'