Chapter 1

"So what are we doing exactly?" I asked Nik as we walked up to a house

"We are a couple whose car has broken down and are in need of a phone," Nik stopped walking, grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him, "Now, act like you love me." I rolled my eyes as he slipped his hand into mine, lacing our fingers and carried on walking. There was a woman outside, calling for her dog. She was wearing short shorts and a tank top that showed a little too much. She turned around, jumping when she saw us.

"I am so sorry. I hope my boyfriend didn't scare you too much. He may look a little frightening sometimes, but he's really just a big teddy bear," I said, putting on an American accent and pinching Nik's cheek. He rolled his eyes.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like we've been walking forever. This is the first house we've come to," Nik told her, following my lead with the accent. "Do you think we could use your phone?"

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, holding it up for her to see, "Dead. I forgot to grab a charger for it."

"Look, I promise, we're not serial killers. We just want to borrow your phone." She sighed, turning. "So, we can come in?"

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," she stated, turning back.

"I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting," Nik glared, dropping the fake accent.

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it," I said, grabbing her by the throat. "Now show us a little southern hospitality, sweet pea." Her pupils dilated and she nodded.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," a woman's voice said from the kitchen. She turned, seeing me holding onto the girl, with Nik standing next to me. "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here," Nik stated.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly."

"But I expect he makes it home once a month," Nik walked further into the kitchen and I tightened my grip on the girl as she began to squirm. The other woman remained quiet, giving Nik the right answer. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" She said nothing. "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you." The woman stared at Nik before taking off, running towards the front door. She opened it, but Stefan was on the other side, waiting.

"I love it when they run," I commented, following her path and letting go of the girl.

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's off Highway 41."

"Thank you, my love. Now, may my friend come in your home?" He asked the crying girl next to him. She nodded her head and Stefan opened the screen door, taking a step inside. "Kill this one quickly. Make that one suffer." Nik pushed the girl towards Stefan before walking over to the front door. "I'll be in the car." He shut the door and I turned towards the one who ran. The girl in front of Stefan began to beg for him not to kill her, but he ignored her, biting down on her neck. She started screaming, causing the other one to join in. That's when I pounced, slamming her against the wall and doing exactly what Nik had said; I made her suffer. When Stefan and I had finished killing the girls, I went out to the car, where Nik was waiting. "Enjoy yourself?" He asked as I got in the front seat.

I nodded, "You should have tasted this one. She was delicious." Nik leaned over the console, pulling my head towards him and capturing my lips in his. Pulling away, he licked his lips.

"Hm, you're right. She does taste good." I laughed, kissing him quickly, then relaxing in my seat as Stefan got in. We got back to our hotel room and I grabbed my bag out of the trunk of the car, slowly heading inside. It had been a long day full of killing and being stuck in a car and I was ready to sleep. Nik and Stefan had gotten to the room before me, claiming beds. Walking in, I went straight for the bathroom, stripping off my clothes. I turned the shower on, letting it warm up before I got in. When I was done, I grabbed the towel off the rack and dried myself off, changing into shorts and a tank top. As soon as I walked out, Stefan got up from his bed, going into the bathroom before anyone could stop him. Throwing my bag onto the couch, I walked over to the bed Nik was sitting on, his back against the headboard. I crawled onto the bed, straddling his lap. He looked up at me and I leaned down, kissing him softly.

"I've missed you," I told him as he moved his hands up my thighs to my hips.

"It has been six years since we saw each other last," he chuckled.

"A long six years. I've been lonely."

"Don't worry, love. You won't be anymore." Leaning forward, he pressed his lips to mine as I pressed myself closer to him, leaving no space between our bodies. The bathroom door opened and Stefan cleared his throat. Pulling away, I glared over at him.

"What?" I snapped.

"Are you two done shoving your tongues down each other's throats? Because I would like to get some sleep." I rolled my eyes, climbing off of Nik and lying down on the bed next to him.

Stefan went over to his bed and Nik leaned over, whispering in my ear, "Nice pajamas, by the way." He placed a kiss on my cheek before getting off the bed and going into the bathroom. I got under the covers, laying on my back and staring up at the ceiling. After Nik had finished in the bathroom, he came back to the bed, turning off the lamp that was next to him and wrapping an arm around my waist, laying his head next to mine as I lifted my hand, gently playing with his hair. I let my eyes shut as I felt him start drawing circles on my side with his thumb, slowly falling asleep.

SURPRISE!! Here's the first chapter of the new book! I hope you guys enjoyed the first book and were shocked by that cliffhanger!

Keep reading! It only gets better!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.