Chapter 31

Rolling over, I groaned, searching for my phone. I opened my eyes, looking around the room for it, finally spotting it a couple feet away. Getting up, I went over and answered it, stopping the ringing. "Hello?" I muttered, grabbing a pair of underwear and a bra from one of my drawers in Nik's dresser.

"Hey, Ellie, would you be able to come down to the school and help with clean-up crew? We could really use the help," Caroline said and I heard a beep in the background.

"Uh, yeah, I guess. I'll be there soon." Hanging up the phone, I looked over at Nik, who was still in bed, eyes closed. Going over, I got back under the covers, scooting closer to him. He automatically wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer as I tangled my legs with his. I reached up, gently brushing my fingers through his hair. "Nik," I whispered.

"Hm?" He kept his eyes closed, tightening his grip slightly.

"Nik, I have to go." His eyes opened at my words and looked down at me.

"Where are you going?"

"I've been recruited to help clean up the dance," I told him.

"Okay. When will you be back?"

"I don't know. I have to go home at some point. My mother will want to know where I am."

"Where did she think you were last night when you didn't go home?"

"I called her and told her I was staying the night at Caroline's." He nodded and I got up from the bed, pulling a pair of shorts on and one of Nik's shirts, tucking it in.

"I love it when you wear my shirts," Nik commented, watching me from the bed. "Lets people know you're spoken for." I chuckled at his possessiveness. Throwing my hair up into a ponytail, I walked over to the bed.

"I'll see you later," I told him, leaning down to kiss him. I went to pull away, but he grabbed onto the back of my neck, keeping me there. "Nik, I have to leave," I mumbled against his lips as he pulled me on top of him. He finally pulled away and I chuckled.

"I love you," he whispered, looking me in the eyes.

"I love you too." Leaning down to kiss him once more, I got up off him, heading towards the door. "I'll see you later."

***

I got to the school, noticing that my car was the only one there. My eyebrows furrowed as I walked in the building and listened closely. There was movement coming from the cafeteria, so that was the direction I went first. Turning the corner, I found Rebekah cleaning up garbage. "Rebekah? Where's Caroline?"

"She got called away, had to leave. So it looks like it's just you and me." I nodded and started pulling down streamers and balloons. "I see you've fixed things with my brother."

I glanced over at her, "Uh, yeah. We made up last night."

"I know. I heard it. All of it." I looked away, embarrassed. "I'm going to get started on the gym." Rebekah walked out and a few seconds later, I heard a commotion, dropping everything in my hands to go look. Alaric had Rebekah pinned to the lockers with a white oak stake raised, ready to kill her. I sped over, grabbing his arm and turning him, so that he was the one pinned. Rebekah grabbed the stake from his hand, shoving it through his heart. He groaned in pain and we backed away as he pulled it out. Both of our eyes widened and we took off. I quickly made my way out to my car, my hands shaking as I fumbled with my keys. I needed to get out of here, that stake could kill me. My keys dropped to the ground as I saw the reflection of Alaric behind me in the window. He brought his hands up to my head, twisting it to the side and I fell into darkness.

Sorry for the late update! I had a lot going on today. Had to get my tires replaced on my car after a nail got stuck in one of them. Anyway!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015/2016.