Chapter 10

The gym door opened again and I looked over, seeing Stefan walk in slowly. "Stefan," Elena said, standing as he moved further into the room.

"Come to save your damsel, mate?"

"I came to ask for your forgiveness. And pledge my loyalty."

"Well, you broke that pledge once already. Ellie is the only one who is still loyal to me," he commented, placing his hand on my knee.

"Elena means nothing to me anymore. And whatever you ask of me, I will do."

"Fair enough," Nik got up off the bleachers, going over to where Elena stood next to Chad and Dana. "Let's drink on it. Kill them. What are you waiting for? Kill them."

"No, Stefan, don't. He's not going to hurt me. He already said-," Elena was cut off by Nik back-handing her. Stefan rushed over when he did, but Nik grabbed him by the throat.

"She means nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up."

"Let her go! I'll do whatever you want, you have my word!"

"Your word doesn't mean much. I lived by your word all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this. Stop fighting."

"Don't do this," Stefan begged.

"I didn't want to. All I wanted was your allegiance. Now I'm going to have to take it. You will do exactly as I say when I say it. You will not run, you will not hide, you will simply just obey." Nik let go and Stefan looked around, a dazed look in his eye. "Now kill them, Ripper." I saw Stefan's eyes change and he sped over, biting down on Dana's neck.

***

"It's always nice to see a vampire in his true element," Nik commented, crouching down behind Elena as she watched Stefan tear into Chad. "The species has become such a broody lot."

"No, you did this to him."

"I invited him to the party, love. He's the one dancing on the table." The doors opened, Rebekah storming in.

"Where is it?! Where's my necklace?"

"What are you talking about?"

"She has my necklace. Look," she held a phone up to Nik, who grabbed it, looking at a picture of Elena. I got up, speeding over and looking at it as well.

"Well, well. More lies."

"Where is it?" Rebekah demanded.

"I don't have it anymore," Elena told her.

"You're lying!" Rebekah latched onto Elena's neck briefly before I pulled her away.

"Knock it off!" I yelled.

"Make her tell me where it is, Nik!" He turned, crouching down in front of Elena, who was holding her bleeding neck.

"Where's the necklace, sweetheart? Be honest."

"I'm telling the truth. Katherine stole it."

"Katerina. Of course," I growled, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, that's unfortunate. If we had the necklace it would make things a whole lot easier for your witch, but since we're doing this the hard way. Let's put a clock on it, shall we?" Nik walked over to the table that had the switches to control the board. He turned it on, the clock starting at twenty minutes. "Twenty minutes. If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then, I want you to feed. Only this time, I want you to feed on Elena," he told Stefan, looking over at her. "No one leaves. If she tries to run, fracture her spine," he told me before walking out of the gym with Rebekah.

Hope you enjoyed. I am currently working on the next book as fast as I can. I don't have a lot of time during the day but I try to get in some writing time.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.