Chapter 33

An hour later, as I paced Nik's living room, absentmindedly drinking a blood bag, Nik came through the front door with an unconscious Elena on his shoulder and a nurse following behind. He set her in a chair, tying her up as the nurse started sticking needles into her arms, drawing blood. Nik came over to me and I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "You're okay," I muttered as he pulled away, rubbing his fingers softly over my still healing cheek.

"How are you?"

"I'll be fine. I just have to wait." He gently kissed my forehead, leading me towards the couch as he started explaining everything that had happened at the school. Elena woke a little while later and looked up at the nurse, who had stuck another needle into her.

"What are you doing?"

"Draining you of all your blood," Nik said, looking over at her. She started to struggle against the ropes as Tyler came around the corner with a box, stopping when he saw her.

"Elena?"

"Tyler, help me." He set the box down and moved over to her, but turned at Nik's words.

"He can't. He needs to go fetch me more empty blood bags. About three liters worth. Please, Tyler." Tyler looked back and forth between the two, not knowing what to do. Elena was his friend, but he was sired to Nik.

"Get Stefan," Elena said, weakly.

"No, Tyler, get the bags." Tyler looked over at Nik before trying to speed over to Elena, but Nik got to him first, blocking his path. "Forget the girl and get the bags. Now." Turning, Tyler left the room.

"So that's it? You're just going to bleed me dry?" Elena asked as Nik circled the chair she was in.

"Yes, but don't worry. It'll be completely painless. As the last drop is drawn, you'll simply fall asleep." The nurse came back in to change out some of the bags and I could see that the blood loss was starting to affect Elena.

"What about your hybrids? You'll need more than this to create your army." Nik grabbed one of the bags out of the nurse's hand as she walked by.

"These last few liters will have to suffice. You see, by attempting to kill us, my mother strengthened the bond between my siblings and I. I don't need hybrids. I have my family and Ellie."

"If you believe that, then why take my blood at all? You want a back-up family. You know that your siblings will never trust you again."

"You know Stefan blames me for trying to tear him from his brother? But I think we both know who really came between them. You. That's why you won't choose. You know once you pick a Salvatore, you'll destroy their bond." In a flash, Nik was standing in front of her chair, hands on the armrests. "Consider this me doing you a favor. Once you're dead, you won't have to choose. No broken hearts. Their family stays intact. But just between us girls," I snorted at his words, "who would you have picked?"

"Rot in hell."

"Hm. You're welcome. Sweet dreams, Elena. It's been fun." I stood, following Nik out of the room as Elena's eyes started to flutter closed.

"I can't believe you're still leaving," I told Nik, leaning against the table in his art room. He was packing up the drawings and paint stuff.

"You can come with me, you know."

"How? My mother would track me down."

"We could find a witch? See if they could do a spell or something to hide you from her. I'm not entirely sure if they can do something like that, but it's worth a shot."

I shrugged a shoulder, "I guess. But how am I supposed to grab things from my house without my mother noticing? She'll know something's up when most of my stuff is missing."

"I can help you with that." I nodded my head, moving over and lying down on the couch.

"So where are we going?"

"Wherever you want. Is there any place you haven't been?" I thought about it for a second, but was interrupted when I heard a car door shut. Nik and I moved back out to where Elena was being held, only to see Tyler untying her.

"So much for that sire bond," I commented when Tyler turned around.

"I'm not your little bitch anymore," Tyler said, looking at Nik.

"How did you break the sire bond?"

"By breaking every bone in my body a hundred times for the girl I love."

"That's impossible," Nik mumbled.

"Is it? Or maybe real love is stronger than fake loyalty. But what would you know about that?"

"You know, you should be thanking me. I gave you a gift, I took away your misery."

"You didn't give a crap about me!" Tyler yelled. "You just didn't want to be alone!" Tyler went back over to Elena, helping her stand, but Nik rushed at him, knocking her down and pinning him to the wall.

"Goodbye, Tyler." Nik lifted his arm, about to reach into Tyler's chest, when Tyler twisted his arm. Stefan appeared in front of Nik, grabbing his shoulder. My eyes went wide as Damon grabbed onto Nik's other arm, holding it. Nik tried to break free, but Stefan dug his fingertips into Nik's chest. I went to move forward, but was stopped by a pair of arms holding mine down. Nik looked down at Stefan's hand and I could hear his heart beat slowly falling. Nik stopped struggling as his face turned grey, eyes going wide.

"No! Stop it! Nik!" I yelled, struggling against the person holding me. Nik's eyes flickered over to me and I could see the fear in them. Stefan slowly let Nik's body drop to the floor and the person holding me let go. I rushed over to Nik, falling to my knees and leaning over his body. Tears fell from my eyes, leaving wet spots on his shirt. "Nik," I whispered, gently touching his face. "I will call Elijah and Rebekah and Kol and I will make them bring me every witch they've ever known and I will get this reversed. I promise you that I will do everything I can."

"Alright, time for you to go," Damon muttered.

I turned, growling at him, "I should kill all of you right now." Damon rolled his eyes, flashing towards me. Before my world went black, I saw Caroline standing in the doorway, a sympathetic look on her face. That's when I realized, she was the one who was holding me back. She stopped me from helping the man I love. She betrayed me.

Sorry for the late update! I got sick yesterday and then had a bunch of homework to do today.

So, there's only like 2 chapters left. Just to warn you...

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015/2016.