Chapter 34

After Nik had been desiccated, I made sure to call his siblings to let them know what happened. Rebekah and Elijah decided to come back, to make sure no harm came to him. Kol stayed where he was, not wanting to be in the same town as a hunter who was trying to kill all of the Originals. Elijah showed up less than twenty four hours later. As we walked up the steps to Elena's house, Elijah put a hand on my arm, stopping me. "Remember what I said," he warned. On the way here, he had made me promise not to hurt anyone. We were here to talk, not to fight. He opened the door, revealing a tired-looking Elena.

"Stefan," she called, not taking her eyes off of us. My gaze flickered over her shoulder, seeing Stefan and Matt appear in the hall. I felt Elijah grab onto my hand, giving it a quick squeeze.

"Hello again," he said, a small smile making its way onto his face.

***

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth. And Alaric will follow us," Elijah shrugged as I stood behind his chair, a hand on his shoulder.

"And you'll just...run?" Stefan asked, taking the seat in between Elena and Elijah.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. Ellie soon joining them. What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

"We finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." I tensed at Elena's words, my grip on Elijah's shoulder tightening slightly.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that'll finally teach him some manners."

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over," Matt stated, walking over to the table.

"And for that I'm deeply ashamed. But know this, she could have been dead the instant we walked through that door tonight. I know Ellie is itching to kill someone after what happened. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not."

"Not! Hello! Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon exclaimed from the other end of the phone call.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms if you return Nik's body to us. Elena will come to no harm," I said, speaking up for the first time.

"Do we have a deal?" Elijah asked, looking between Stefan and Elena.

"No! No, no, no, no. Did I mention, no!" Damon chimed in and I rolled my eyes, resisting the urge to reach over and hang up.

"Elena, it's up to you," Stefan sighed.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?"

"He's my brother. And the man Ellie loves. We remain together."

"We have a deal."

***

Jeremy showed up at the house and told us all what Alaric had asked him to do. Coming up with a plan, Jeremy called Alaric back, telling him he would help him. Elijah, Rebekah and the others were getting ready to put the plan into action, when Elijah pulled me aside. "I want you to go back to the house," he muttered.

"What? No, I'm coming with you."

He shook his head, "You're not in your right mind; there's too much anger and revenge inside. We don't need that to take over and ruin the plan. Just go back home, we'll take care of it."

"Elijah-,"

"I mean it. Let us handle it." I sighed, not wanting to give in.

"Fine." He handed me the keys to his car and I went out to it, driving off towards the Mikaelson Manor. When I got there, I saw that there were lights on inside. I stared at the house, confused. Why would the lights be on when nobody was home? Getting out of Elijah's car, I made my way up to the house, slowly turning the knob and pushing the door open. I could hear movement coming from Nik's art room, so I broke the leg off of a chair that was sitting nearby before going upstairs. I stopped at the door to the room before using my speed to run in and push the intruder face-first into the wall, shoving the leg chair into their back. The person groaned before flipping around and throwing me onto the table. I gasped for breath, the wind having been knocked out of me, as the person quickly pulled the chair leg out of their back and held it against my chest.

"Ellie?"

I am SO sorry! I totally forgot to update yesterday! I've been so busy worrying about this storm that's hitting Washington. 

Hope you enjoyed! There's only one more chapter left! The third book won't be out for a while, as I am still...working...on it.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015/2016.