Chapter 4

As we walked through the Smoky Mountains to where Ray had said his pack was, my mind wandered back to the morning after we had gotten to the hotel room

*Flashback*

Rolling over, I shuffled closer to the middle of the bed, hitting something firm. Slowly opening my eyes, I looked up to see Nik sleeping peacefully, his face inches from mine. His breath fanned over my face as he exhaled and I moved back, only to have him pull me closer again. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked, eyes still closed.

"To get dressed. We need to leave soon," I told him, pulling away and sitting on the edge of the bed. Peeking over my shoulder, I saw that he had opened his eyes and was staring at me. "Staring is impolite, you know."

"Not staring. Just simply admiring something I find to be beautiful." I looked away, a small smile forming. Getting up from the bed, I grabbed my bag, going into the bathroom. Opening the door after I had finished getting dressed, I found my path blocked by Stefan.

"Can I help you?"

"Klaus has a soft spot for you," he stated. I pushed past him, going out into the room to put my shoes on.

"Don't let him hear you say that. He'll kill you. Speaking of, where is he?"

"He went to go checkout." I had to admit, I got butterflies when he said that I was beautiful. I would never say that out loud though.

My attention was caught by Nik calling back to me, "Stefan here wants to know your story. Feel like sharing?"

Shrugging, I took a deep breath, "I guess you could say I'm the reason all vampires exist. I lived in a village in Eastern Europe, not far from where Nik and his siblings grew up. My mother was a witch, in fact, she was friends with Nik's. After my mother found out about a secret relationship I was having with a boy from our village, she forced me to drink her blood, then she killed me. I woke a couple of days later and realized what she had done. I killed her for it. Then I proceeded to kill my father, but that was for another reason entirely. I drank their blood to complete the transition and left town. Esther wanted a way to keep her family together, so she took the idea of turning them all into vampires from my mother. I had already been a vampire for about a year and a half. I couldn't control my blood lust, so I ripped villages apart, killing everyone in sight. One day, I had killed an entire family and I looked down at the two-year-old boy I had just murdered and it hit me. The grief, it was so overwhelming. I couldn't handle what I had done. Everyone I had killed since I had been turned came back to haunt me. I learned to control myself after that." I was so lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realized we had stopped walking. Both of them were looking at me.

"So it was a punishment?" Stefan asked, readjusting Ray on his shoulder. I nodded.

"Yep, and then after the Original family was created, they helped create other vampires."

"Thanks to our pal, Ray, we've found ourselves a pack," Nik commented as we came around a bunch of trees to find a campsite full of people. Stefan and I walked forward into the camp and everyone turned to look as Stefan dumped Ray's body on the ground.

A woman rushed forward, "Ray! Oh my god! Who are you?" She asked, looking up at us.

"The important question is who am I," Nik walked up, "Please, forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid," the woman stated, backing away with fear in her eyes.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."

***

"It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Nik had taken a seat on a log, Stefan joining him as I stood with my back to a tree next to him. Ray gasped, waking up. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?"

"Ellie?" I nodded, pushing off of the tree.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Nobody moved.

"Doesn't take much, just a sample. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" Nik stood up, eyeing the group before landing on a man. "You." He rushed forward, grabbing the man and biting into his arm before throwing him at me. I slammed him to the ground in front of Ray as Nik stopped the woman from rushing forward.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, he will. Problem is, he doesn't know how to stop," I told him, looking up at Stefan.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join or you die," Nik told her, hand gripping her hair.

"I'd rather die than be a vampire."

"Wrong choice," he bit into his wrist, forcing her to drink. He snapped her neck as Ray grabbed onto the man's arm, feeding.

Well, that's the story of her becoming a vampire.

Hope you are all enjoying the book! Keep reading and favoriting. Feel free to leave comments.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.