Chapter 6

One of the women Nik had compelled, poured some more champagne in his glass as he stared at her, watching her walk away

One of the women Nik had compelled, poured some more champagne in his glass as he stared at her, watching her walk away. I glared, a growl threatening to slip past my lips. "There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah stated from inside the fitting room. She had dragged us all out shopping with her.

"There's not," Nik told her as she walked out in a very short black dress. Stefan, who had been looking down at a magazine, clearly bored, looked up.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing."

"You know, I had to adjust as well, maybe not quite as drastically as you did, and I found some clothing that didn't show off too much," I shrugged.

"Yes and that's quite a problem," Nik smirked, tugging slightly on the hem of my shirt. I smacked his hand away, hearing him chuckle.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"Its dance music," Stefan told her as Nik rolled his eyes.

"People dance to this?" He nodded his head.

"Don't worry, Rebekah, I'll teach you sometime," I told her, laughing. "The dancing nowadays can get very...sexual. You'll want to know what to do instead of killing someone for trying to dance with you." I could feel Nik running his fingers gently over the back of my knee, but I tried my best to ignore it.

"Are we done?" He asked, taking another sip of his drink.

"And why are you so grumpy?" She asked.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for ninety years. So what do you think?" She asked Stefan, slowly turning in a circle.

"I like it." Rebekah gave him a look showing that she didn't believe him. "What? I said I like it."

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." She went back into the fitting room, changing into another outfit.

"Nice one, good work," Nik said sarcastically.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her," Stefan retorted.

"I heard that," Rebekah called and I chuckled.

"All right. I'm going to get some fresh air." Stefan set his glass down, getting up from his seat. I grabbed the bottle of champagne out of Nik's hand, taking Stefan's seat.

"I'm so glad I can start calling you 'Nik' again. Calling you 'Klaus' just seems so impersonal," I told him, taking a swig from the bottle. He chuckled.

"You know, you would look very sexy in that little black dress she just tried on, kitten. You should go put it on and model it for me," he winked.

"Okay, you two, it's pretty obvious you're sleeping together, but can you hold off on the flirting for a little while and help me find some clothes?" Rebekah called and I sighed, taking a giant swig of the champagne.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.