Chapter 2

I sat on a bar stool, sipping at my drink, when the door opened and a man made his way over to the bar, just a few seats away from me

I sat on a bar stool, sipping at my drink, when the door opened and a man made his way over to the bar, just a few seats away from me. "Can I get a beer?" He asked and I looked over at him. Feeling my stare, he glanced at me, looking me up and down as I sent him a flirtatious smile. I got up, sliding my drink as I walked over to him.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked. He shook his head and gestured to the stool next to him.

"No, please. Have a seat. I'm Ray," he held his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Ellie. Can I tell you a secret, Ray?" He nodded and I leaned in close to his ear, "My friends and I have been looking everywhere for you." He started to get up, but I put my hand on his leg, forcing him to sit back down, grimacing as my nails dug into his skin. "We started in Florida, Pensacola. Met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed us to two lovely young women. And they led us here," I gestured to the bar around us.

"I think I'll be going," he said, getting up again, but Nik appeared, grabbing his arm.

"Not so fast, mate. You only just got here. And you wouldn't want to leave such a beautiful lady sitting all alone in a bar like this." I winked, a smile on my face as Ray looked over his shoulder at me. "Now your type are very hard to come by." Ray turned around to go the other way, but Stefan pushed him back.

"Vampires," Ray stated, looking at the three of us.

"You're swifty swift, Ray. Yes, my friends here are vampires. In fact, he's compelled everyone in the bar. So don't look to them for any help. I, however, I'm something else. A different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf."

"You what?"

"A hybrid, Ray. I'm both. You see, I want to create more of me. Now, you being the first werewolf I've come across in many a moon, pun intended, I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them, Ray?"

"You can't compel me, it won't work." Nik looked over at Stefan, eyebrows raised. Stefan shrugged, grabbing a pouch out of his pocket and turning to the bartender.

"I need a scotch on the rocks, please."

"Make that two," I corrected.

"Tell you what, Ray. We're going to play a little drinking game. Something I like to call truth or wolfsbane." Stefan pulled the wolfsbane out of the pouch, holding it up so Ray could see it.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun," Nik smiled.

***

Stefan swirled another dart in the glass of scotch that he had dumped the wolfsbane in. Moving around the table, he threw it at Ray, who I had chained to a metal bar underneath the dart board. "We can end this right now, Ray. Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon."

"I can't," Ray managed to gasp out.

"I know, I know. You live by a code and all that. But see, he's not going to let me stop until you tell me. And I do whatever he says. That's the way it goes around here."

"You do know you just admitted to being his bitch, right?" I told Stefan, laughing as I downed the last of my scotch. He looked over his shoulder at me, glaring. A girl came up to Nik and he moved his feet off the counter.

"I have some information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw that guy's brother, Damon, at the farmhouse," the woman said and I could tell Stefan had tuned in.

"Thank you, Claudine. You just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighborhood watch."

"Damon's still on our trail, huh?" I asked, getting off of my seat from behind Nik and moving to one in front of him.

"He's getting closer. I'm going to have to deal with that."

"You should let me do it. I've been meaning to rip his heart out. I would love to do the honors," I suggested, leaning my back against the counter.

"No, no, no. Let me handle it," Stefan said, coming up next to me.

"Why should I let you leave?" Nik asked him.

"Cause you know I'll come back."

"Do I?"

"You saved my brother's life. I'm in your service."

"Oh, that almost sounds so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" Nik gestured over to Ray, who looked like he was still in pain.

"I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us anymore," Stefan said, walking past Nik towards the door.

"You know I was really hoping you would tell him no so that I could go deal with Damon," I told Nik as I motioned the bartender over.

"What did he do to make you so mad?"

I shrugged, "He tortured me. And I don't take too kindly to that." I ordered two shots of fireball and when the bartender brought them over, I downed them.

"You know, I've always liked how well you handle your liquor, kitten," Nik smirked.

"Oh, I'm just getting started," I told him, ordering more.

Here's Chapter 2!! I love that you guys are so into this book! The response I'm getting from you guys is seriously amazing!

I know most of you probably don't read my AN, but for those of you who do, I wanna know what you all did this weekend? Anything fun? Sound off in the comments!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.