Chapter 12

"Well, the verdict's in. The original witch says the doppelganger should be dead," Nik said as we walked into a science classroom.

"Does that mean we can kill her?" Rebekah asked, moving over to where we stood.

"No, I'm fairly certain it means the opposite."

"What?" Rebekah grabbed Caroline, pulling her towards her.

"Call it a hunch. Elena's blood. Drink it," Nik told Tyler, holding up a plastic test tube. Caroline started begging for Tyler not to do it. "If he doesn't feed, he'll die anyway, love. Consider this an experiment." Tyler looked at it before grabbing the tube and drinking it. His face twisted in pain as he fell to the floor, grabbing his head and screaming. Lifting his head up, I could see that his eyes looked like Nik's. Gold irises but with the veins underneath the eyes.

"Well, that's a good sign," I commented, eyebrows raised.

***

I sat in a chair in the corner of Elena's hospital room, reading a magazine. Nik had told me to keep an eye on her, make sure nobody came in. She started to stir as a nurse that I had compelled walked in and I looked up. "Where am I?" She asked.

"In the hospital, sweetie. You suffered through a terrible ordeal."

"I have to get out of here," Elena went to get up, but the nurse pushed her back.

"Not an option. You've lost a lot of blood." She gestured over to the blood bag that was almost full.

"You're taking my blood?"

"Of course. It's very important for your friend Klaus." The nurse took out a needle, injecting it into the IV. Elena began to struggle to get it out. "Don't fight it. He told me you need plenty of rest." Elena's eyes closed as she fell back asleep and I went back to reading my magazine. Finishing my magazine, I put it down on the table next to me. A figure zoomed in and my head snapped over to Elena's bed, where Nik stood.

"Nik?" He grabbed the bag of blood that was hooked up to Elena, looking over at me with an apologetic look. Before I could take a step forward, he was gone. I ran out into the parking lot, looking around for him, but I could feel it inside that he wasn't coming back.

I am so sorry for not updating! I've been meaning to all week, but I've been busy trying to buy Christmas presents!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.