Chapter 3

"Okay, it's a three step process, Ray. This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist," Nik circled the pool table that Ray had been moved to.

"I already told you where to find the pack. What more do you want from me?"

"Have you been listening to a word I've been saying, Ray? I have great plans for you." Cutting into his wrist, Nik shoved it into Ray's mouth, forcing him to drink. "He'll thank me for it later." As soon as he had enough, Nik moved away.

"What are you going to do now?"

"It's time for step two," Nik snapped Ray's neck. Stefan walked around to the other side of the pool table, having returned. I went around to the side he was on, hopping on top of the table.

"So, did you kill him for me?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. He shook his head.

"You're back," Nik stated.

"Did you doubt me?"

"Not for a second. I knew you'd pass the test. You still care for your brother; for your old life."

"I don't care about anything anymore."

"You put on a good show, Stefan. I almost believe you," I said, following him over to the bar stools.

"Let's hope, for your brother's sake, he does. You never stop caring about family, do you? But every time you feed, the blood makes it easier to let go." Stefan went outside to get some air and I followed, sitting on the steps. I watched him for a moment as he made a phone call, then hung up, turning around. He saw me sitting there and came over, sitting next to me.

"I know what you're going through. The struggle of keeping yourself under control. When I was a new vampire, I had a really hard time controlling myself. I've always loved killing; hearing them scream, their hearts racing in their chests. Their blood pumping through their veins as they run. I loved ripping people apart, I still do. And I hate that. I hate that I love it so much. If I could kill every human on this planet, I would. And I hate that I feel that way. That's the only part about being a vampire that I don't like. Just remember that there is a girl out there that still loves you. That still believes in you. Never let that go because once you do, you'll never get it back."

Wow, sorry. This chapter is REALLY short. I promise there will be a longer one in the near future.

I hope you're all enjoying the story so far! If any of you read my Hobbit fanfic, I just wanted to let you know that the first chapter of the third book is up, so go check it out! Even if you haven't read it, feel free to start at the beginning and read all of the books :)

Hope all is well! Goodbye :)

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.