Chapter 14

Caroline had texted me to let me know the dance had been moved to the Lockwood house after the gym flooded

Caroline had texted me to let me know the dance had been moved to the Lockwood house after the gym flooded. When I got there, the party was already in full swing. I wandered through the house, full of people chatting and drinking, making my way out to the backyard, where a band was playing while people danced. Grabbing a beer from one of the many coolers, I leaned against a concrete wall, looking around. "Well, don't you look absolutely ravishing," a voice said from next to me and I turned my head, glaring. Setting the beer down, I crossed my arms over my chest, looking out at the crowd of people gathered in front of the stage.

"You can't do that, Nik. You can't just leave without saying anything to me, ignore my phone calls, and then come back and act as if you never left. I thought I had done something, said something. I thought it was my fault you had gone."

"Ellie, I'm sor-," he started to speak, but I held my hand up.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm going to get something stronger to drink." I left my beer there as I walked towards the house, pushing past people. Walking into an office, I shut the door behind me, going over to a cabinet and pulling out a glass. Feeling another presence in the room, I turned, my eyes widening as I backed up. "Mikael."

*Nik's POV*

I stood at a table, playing beer pong, when Mindy, one of my hybrids, came up, interrupting me. "You have a visitor," she said.

"Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."

"He said his name is Mikael." I stiffened, throwing the ball into a cup.

"Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm going to have a little chat with my dad." Mindy nodded to one of the other hybrids as they all moved the party out of the house. I took a gulp of my drink, bracing myself. "Tony, you know what to do." I went over to the front door and standing on the other side, unable to get in, was Mikael.

"Hello, Niklaus."

"Hello, Mikael. Won't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot, you can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want," Mikael suggested.

"Or I can watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb," I said as some of the hybrids gathered out in the front yard.

"They can't kill me."

"True, but it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together, and they'll pounce," I stated, holding up a hand.

"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget, they may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me." Mindy appeared beside Mikael. "Speaking of your playthings." Mindy moved slightly, revealing a girl in a red dress with reddish-brown hair. Ellie. Fear was plain on her face as Mikael gripped her arm tight.

Sorry for the late update! With the holidays being so close, I've been busy!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.