Chapter 29

"I still think you're wrong, you know," he said, quietly.

"I know, but it's for the best."

"Is it? Is that how you really feel?" I stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer.

"Nik, please don't do this. It was hard enough walking away from you the first time. Don't make it even harder the second."

"Then don't. Don't walk away."

"I have to. Because if I don't then I'm putting you at risk. My mother is capable of killing you, Nik. She has that kind of power."

"I'm not scared of her, Ellie."

"Well then you're an idiot," I stated and he was quiet.

"I'm leaving town tomorrow. And I just wanted you to know that even if you move on, whether it be with the Gilbert boy, or someone else, I will never stop loving you," he said softly and I closed my eyes, fighting the tears that threatened to spill over.

"Nik," I whispered, a few tears escaping.

"I know," he whispered back, gently grabbing my chin and pulling my face up. I opened my eyes, looking into his before he brought his lips down, placing a soft kiss on mine. Pulling away, he slowly let go of me, walking out of the gym as I stood there with tears in my eyes, watching him walk away. As soon as he was out of sight, I quickly made my way to the bathroom, my back against the wall. The tears that I had been holding in, came pouring out as I slid to the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest. An arm wrapped around me, pulling me into them as they whispered soft words.

"He's leaving, Caroline," I told her.

"I know, I heard."

"What am I supposed to do now? He's going to leave and I'm going to be stuck here with my mother, who I'm pretty sure is trying to kill me."

"Go after him," she stated.

"What?"

"Go after him. Tell him that you don't want him to leave, that you want to be with him." She stood up, grabbing some toilet paper and crouching down in front of me to wipe my eyes.

"But my mother?" I asked as she helped me stand.

"You guys can get through that. If you really love Klaus, then your mother shouldn't get in the way. Now go." She fixed my dress before pushing me towards the door. Nodding, I made my way out to my car, breaking almost every law on my way to Nik's house.

***

Turning the corner, the Mikaelson Mansion came into view and I felt my heart speed up as nerves took over my body. Getting out of my car, I quickly made my way up the rest of the driveway. I had reached the bottom step, only a couple of feet from the front door when it swung open, revealing a tall figure. I blinked, blinded by the sudden light. My breath caught in my throat, mouth running dry as I stood there, staring up at him. "Ellie?"

"You can't leave. I won't let you," I blurted, not having thought through what I was going to say.

"I don't -," I cut him off.

"I know I was the one to walk away and I thought that if I left before anything too serious happened, it would be easier than walking away later, but I was wrong. I walked away because I didn't want to risk my mother hurting you. But then I realized, that even though I was protecting you from my mother, I was the one who was really hurting you. I had a chance to be with you and I threw that all away because I was scared. I'm tired of being scared. I'm tired of losing the people I love because I'm scared. You are the most important person in my life, Nik, and I can't lose you." Tears were streaming down my face as I spoke and as I finished what I was saying, Nik took a few steps toward me.

"Say it," he said softly.

My eyebrows furrowed slightly, "But you already know."

"I need to hear you say it."

"I love you." That was the first time I had ever said it out loud and it felt like a weight being lifted off of my shoulders. It was silent, the only sound was of the crickets around us. Blinking tears out of my eyelashes, Nik appeared in front of me, grabbing my face with both of his hands and pulling it towards his. His lips crashed down on top of mine as I gripped onto his shirt, pulling him closer. Before I knew what was happening, my back was against his mattress. He slowly started taking off my dress, marking the beginning of something we'd never done before; making love.

I feel like this is a really crappy chapter and I am so sorry.

The Olympics have officially kicked off, which I am so extremely happy about! Anyway, I had gotten back into writing the next book, but now that the Olympics are here, those are gonna kind of be my main priority. I am a HUGE HUGE Olympic follower. (Like to the point of being emotional about it. Don't judge.) I'll try to get some writing in, but I can't promise anything.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015/2016.