Chapter 3: Birthday and betrayal

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

It was the morning of Princess Yona's birthday. Yona was getting ready for her party with the help of her servants. Meanwhile, Kira was in her room staring at the Kimono she was told to wear by Yona. It was amber color with beautiful rose patterns, the Kimono was folded neatly next to a purple sash and a pair of sandals. "You can't come to the birthday banquet if you don't wear that!" She remembered what Yona had told her. 'It sure will be hard to move in. You're so cruel, Yona-chan!' she thought before sighing.

After she wore the Kimono and arranged the sash around her waist into a bow, she exited her room and headed to Yona's chamber. "I feel like I'll fall on my face at any moment now." She mumbled while pouting. On the way she caught a glimpse of her older brother.

"Hak!" She waved at him. The latter turned to her direction before giving her a suspicious look. "What happened?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Don't ask." She replied, making him sweat drop. "Well, you look nice, for once." He ruffled her hair, Kira then childishly pouted before slapping his hands away.

"Is Yona-chan still getting ready?" She asked. "It seems so."

"Let me guess, complaining about her hair?" She knew her childhood friend all too well. "Who knows?" Hak shrugged.

Yona's room door then slided open. standing there was Yona, wearing a beautiful dress with a pink Yukata draped on top. "Yona-chan, you look so pretty!" Kira's eyes sparkled before hugging Yona, rubbing their cheeks together.

"A-arigatou. You look beautiful, as well." Yona blushed.

"Ne~ Hak, don't you think Yona-chan looks pretty?" Kira teased the black haired male. "Well, she doesn't look like the mess she always is." He replied coldly. "Stop acting like such a tsundere!"

"Nandato?! (What did you say ?!)" Hak snapped. "The truth!" They continued their fighting until Yona stopped them.

"Stop it, you two! You can continue on with your bickering after the banquet is over. Come on, let's go!" She command her two bodyguards.

The celebration had started, multiple people came up to Yona and wished her a happy birthday. Standing next to her was non other than Kira. "Yona-chan, come with me for a second." She dragged Yona to a corner.

"What is it, Kira?" She asked, confused. Kira took out a dagger that was hidden under her sleeve. She reached out her hand and placed it on Yona's, "Happy birthday!" Yona stared at the beautifully garnished knife. It had a purple handle, it's blade covered by a purple sheath that has red colored carvings. Her eyes softened, "Thank you."

"Oh, and you might want to hide that from King Il. If he finds it then we'll both be in trouble." She whispered before winking. Yona nodded as he hid the item in her pocket.

Ming-Soo walked up to the two, "Yona-hime, three of the ministers wish to congratulate you on turning 16. If you may?" Yona then walked along the male servant. Kira was about to follow when she felt a slight tap on her shoulder, she turned around to see a smiling Soo-Won. "Hello." He greeted. Kira returned the smile. "Hey, Soo-Won."

"It's my first time seeing you wear such a thing." The blond male stated staring at Kira's Kimono with reddening cheeks. "Yeah, I know. Does it look weird?" Kira asked, rubbing the back of her head.

"I-iie, t-totemo kirei to omoimasu. (N-no, I-I think that you look very beautiful)." Soo-Won stuttered before turning his head slightly to the side.

"Thanks!" There was a moment of silence before Kira spoke once again. "Oh, Yona-chan is heading this way. Good luck." She waved before walking away.

While walking she heard her stomach growl, she clutched it before mumbling, "I'm hungry..." She stood in front of a large table that had various kinds of foods. Her eyes sparkled as she eyed her so called 'heaven'. "ITADAKIMASU!" She clapped her hands together before stuffing her mouth with food, she kept on with the act, not caring what other people would think. Hak then stood beside her with a smug look on his face. "A glutton as ever, I see." Hak commented. "Urusai! (Shut up)" She yelled.

"Have you seen Hime-sama? King Il wishes to speak to her." Hak stated while looking around. Kira shrugged before replying, "The last time I saw her, she was talking to Soo-Won." Hak nodded before heading outside.

After Kira had finished her feast, she felt like the Kimono's tightness was suffocating her . 'I need to get out of this thing. I can't breathe!' She thought as she headed back to her room.

Time skip >>>

After Kira had changed into her usual attire, she had decided to take a nap. By the time she woke up, it was night time. She headed outside and walked through the empty hallways. 'Why is it so quiet? Where are the guards?' She thought to herself.

When she was about to make a turn around th corner, she bumped into someone. "Eh? Yona-chan, why are you still awake?" Kira eyed the red haired girl. Once she saw Yona trembling with a blank look in her eyes, she knew something was wrong. Kira placed her hands on both of the princess' arms. "Yona! What's wrong?! What happened?!" She yelled.

"S-Soo-Won.." Yona muttered. Kira gave her a confused glance before hearing feet stomping on the wooden floor. She turned to the direction of the sound and saw multiple guards standing in front of them. "Capture the Princess!" One of them yelled, not noticing Kira. Without any hesitation, Kira grabbed Yona's hand and ran away. 'What's happening?! Did they infiltrate the castle to assassinate Yona-chan? But they were dressed as soldiers, they must be traitors!'

Kira stopped when they reached to what seems to be an empty courtyard. The guards then appeared in front of them and when the two females attempted to run in the other direction, they found other groups of guards surrounding them. They were trapped.

Kira then took hold of her Katana, and unsheathed it before holding it in front of her, ready to attack.

That was chapter 3. What do you guys think of the story so far ? Is it good ? Hopefully good enough...
(∩_∩)

The picture is of Kira and the Kimono she wore for Yona's birthday celebration. XD

Vote and comment , thanks again ! ⊙﹏⊙