Chapter 12: His grief

This chapter is dedicated to @bizzbizz
Thanks for the voting and the wonderful comment on chapter 3 ! ( >﹏< )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

When dawn was breaking, Kira fluttered her eyes open, feeling an immense amount of pain. She heard someone humming a tune that couldn't be too far away from them. "Long, long ago, when the big red sun was gobbled up, and the world was stained black..."

Kira shifted her gaze to her side, not moving her injured head. She caught a glimpse of a petite figure with strawberry blond hair. She felt dizzy and her eyelids getting heavy before fainting once again.

"What a bother. Someone's dead." The person commented.

(Meanwhile at Hiryū castle)

"Soo-Won-sama..." Kye-Sook called. "Elder Mundok, of the wind tribe, has arrived. The next general is with him." He informed, Soo-Won turned to his direction. "The next general? Then they have chosen one."

"They must have thought it necessary, to protect their tribe. Though given Mundok-sama's temperament, it is something of a disappointment." Said Kye-Sook.

"Perhaps someone encouraged him by cutting ties with the tribe." Soo-Won mumbled, thinking out loud. "Huh?" Kye-Sook asked.

"Nothing. Who is the next general?" Soo-Won smiled. Kye-Sook sighed before speaking. "He's the same age as General Kira. The youngsters of the Wind Tribe are so full of energy." The blond male's expression had changed after the mention of Kira's name and Kye-Sook noticed.

"Soo-Won-sama, is something the matter?" The advisor worriedly asked. Soo-Won smiled once again before walking off. "Kye-Sook, for someone so young, you sound like a grandfather."

"You're one to talk." The twenty five year old male sweat dropped.

"It's dawn." Soo-Won exclaimed as he looked up to the red colored sky. "What a truly fitting dawn sky for a coronation ceremony." Kye-Sook commented.

As Soo-Won walked off, he remembered a time not too long ago.

Flashback

"Soo-Won!" Yona called from a window making Soo-Won look up. "Soo-Won, welcome! Come quickly!" She greeted. Soo-Won's gaze shifted to Kira who stood next to Yona, she noticed his stare and waved her hand.

"Today we have stewed pears!" The red haired female stated. "If you don't hurry, then I'll eat your share!" Kira said with a smile. Soo-Won returned the smile as he looked at her.

Hak saw that Soo-Won was distracted, so he took the chance and hit him in the head with the other end of his spear. "You're open!"

"Ouch..." Soo-Won rubbed his head as he turned around. "Hak..." He trailed off. "You're too slow, Soo-Won-sama. You'll get in trouble with the old man."

"What are you talking about? Master Mundok said I had a natural aptitude for combat." Said Soo-Won as he walked up to his childhood friend. "Oh, have you ever beaten me in practice?" Hak smirked.

"It's natural for you to be strong, since you must protect Yona-hime." Soo-Won exclaimed. "What's that supposed to mean?" Hak asked.

Soo-Won smiled before saying, "I'm truly jealous. That Yona has both you and Kira for servants."

"You have servants, too, Soo-Won-sama." Hak told him. "But I want you two!" Soo-Won said while childishly pouting.

"Become the king, then." Hak seriously said. "Huh?" Soo-Won's eyes widened. "Marry Yona-hime, and become King."

"W-what? But I could never marry Yona..." Soo-Won said while fidgeting. Hak leaned forward, smiling mischievously. "Oh, would you rather Marrying Kira instead?" Those words were enough to make Soo-Won's face explode in a blush, turning such a vibrant crimson hue. "W-w-what are y-you talking a-about, Hak?" The blushing male stuttered as he looked down. Hak laughed loudly, throwing his head back.

"Either way, as far as I'm concerned, you're the only man who could become the next king."He wiped the tears forming in the corner of his eyes due to his laughing outburst. "When that happens, we'll be by your side, until the day you die. By the way, I'll need three meals a day and naps. While Kira might settle with six meals.. Anyway, it's a great deal! After all, you'll have both Phantom Samurai and Thunder Beast of Kouka." Hak exclaimed. Soo-Won's eyes softened before he closed them. He leaned against Hak's shoulder before sspeaking, "Ah, that is... a wonderful dream..."

"Soo-Won, hurry!" Yona shouted. "Kira already ate your share!" She stated. "I warned him!" Kira said with her mouth stuffed with pears, just like a squirrel. Both Hak and Soo-Won looked up and started laughing.

End of flashback

'When I become king, Kira, Hak and Yona will not be by my side. Warm days like today makes me doubt myself a bit.' Soo-Won thought as a mental image of the three appeared in front of him. 'I would like nothing more than to see her once again... But right now, my right arm is gone. That's why, I won't doubt myself anymore.' His expression changed to that of determination as he walked to the main hall where his coronation is held.

This chapter gave me the feels :'))
I'm actually starting to feel bad for Soo-Won! XD

sorry if this chapter is too short... -_-"

Don't forget to vote and comment! Xd