Chapter 26: Proposal Part I

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Back in the Captial of the Earth Tribe, in the Chishin castle, a servant walked through the long hallways and entered the general's chamber.

"Lord Geun-Tae!" He called.

The General of the Earth Tribe, Geun-Tae looked back at his servant. "What is it? You're too loud, Cheol-Ran."

Geun-Tae was a bearded, dark-skinned man with yellow colored eyes and had long untidy dark brown hair that he ties in a ponytail using a rope-like ornament with tassels on both ends. When he's at home, he would always wear a simple robe where his scars can be visibly seen.

The servant, Cheol-Ran sighed as he began tidying up the general's chamber. "A general shouldn't lounge around dressed like this during the daytime."

"I'm still the same man, no matter what I wear. I'm not bothering anyone." The general replied as he used a paper fan to cool himself. "Besides, in the wind tribe, Hak and the youngsters wear practically anything they want." Geun-Tae spoke in jealousy.

Lord Geun-Tae clicked his tongue as he spoke of the Tribe's dull condition and how the merchants stopped coming over.

"Things were good during King Junam's reign." The general said with a proud snarl. "During times of war, under the Kouka Kingdom's banner, I struck down the attackers with the strength of a fierce god!"

"It can't be helped." Cheol-Ran exclaimed. "Under King Ill's reign, war was forbidden." The general sighed in boredom.

Cheol-Ran smirked as he found a way to tease Geun-Tae. "Besides, you call yourself a fierce god, but you were defeated by that couple of youngsters known as the Thunder Beast and Phantom Swordsman."

Geun-Tae gritted his teeth at the memory and grabbed Cheol-Ran by the head and began to painfully squeeze it. "Very funny, Cheol! That's right. I've grown powerless because I'm so out of shape. And it's Samurai! Phantom Samurai..." To be honest, Geun-Tae wasn't upset by the fact that he was beaten. On the contrary, he liked facing powerful opponents. But what kind of angered him was remembering her.

"I'm sorry... I went too far." Cheol-Ran apologized with tears forming in the corner of his eyes due to the pain Geun-Tae was inflicting. Even though Cheol-Ran and the rest of servants didn't show it, they extremely respected, loved and idolized their general. Going as far as to them all copying his hairstyle.

Suddenly, another servant of the Chishin castle slid the door of the room open. "Lord Geun-Tae!"

The general angrily turned towards him. "What now? Are you going to tell me to shave?"

"King Soo-Won has arrived!" The servant declared.

"Huh?"

Lord Geun-Tae greeted the newly crowned king and invited him for a cup of tea. Hang Joo-doh, the Sky General was also present.

"I haven't seen you since the coronation, lord Geun-Tae." Soo-Won said with his usual smile before he took a sip from the fragrant tea.

Geun-Tae didn't reply and continued to glare at the young King. 'Soo-Won... The eighteen-year-old king, only recently crowned..'

"King Soo-Won..." Lord Geun-Tae started, catching Soo-Won and Joo-doh's attention. "How is the search for Princess Yona and General Kira?" Soo-Won flinched at their mention. Geun-Tae couldn't just ask about the female general only, he had to ask about the princess and the heir to the throne, as well. Soo-Won closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "There are some mysteries regarding the disappearance of the Princess and the two generals, but I'm confident in the capabilities of our soldiers." Soo-Won spoke in a serious tone that almost surprised the Earth General. "But I certainly hope they'd just come back to the castle one day." The blond king had a sheepish looking grin as he rubbed the back of his head.