Chapter 5: Escape from the castle

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Both Hak and Kira were trapped, soldiers pointing their spears at them.

"Lord Soo-Won, are you alright?" Kye-Sook asked but was interrupted by Hak, "Soo-Won...Was the Soo-Won I knew just an illusion? I thought I could entrust you with the princess."

"Fool. You two maybe generals, but you are still young." Kye-Sook stated.

"What?!" Hak said angrily. "At this rate, the kingdom of Kouka will fall into ruin not before long. For you two and and Yona-hime, who have indulged in peace at Hiryū castle, there is no way for you to understand Soo-Won-sama's feeling-" Kye-Sook then continued before getting silenced by Soo-Won. "Quiet , Kye-Sook."

"What does that mean?" Kira asked.

"The Soo-Won that you knew never existed. Should anyone stand in my way, I shall cut them down no matter who he is." Soo-Won stated as he walked up to Kira. "Well... I'm giving you this chance. You can remain as one of the generals who protect this castle and it's new master." Soo-Won offered, looking at her with hopeful eyes and a hint of pleading in his tone. Kira narrowed her gaze before speaking. "Join your side? You can't be serious." She scoffed. "What happened to all these years?! I thought we were friends! And then you do something like this. You betrayed Yona.. I'll never forgive you!" she added. Soo-Won seemed to be visibly hurt by her words, he looked to the ground with disappointment in his eyes.

"How dare you speak to Soo-Won-sama in such a manner!" Kye-Sook yelled, Soo-Won silenced him once again. "I had expected such an answer from you. It can't be helped, then." He headed over to Hak and raised his sword.

Suddenly, a slight clung voice was heard. The people there were distracted for a second, allowing Kira to kick her Katana off the ground. She held it up and began slashing the surrounding soldiers, at the same time, Hak had grabbed his spear and headed over to Yona. He stabbed the guard next to her before carrying the princess and running along with Kira. "Follow them! Don't let them escape!" Kye-Sook orderd the remaining soldiers.

As Hak was running still carrying Yona, Kira was behind him , fending off their trackers. "This way, General Hak!" Ming-Soo appeared. "Was it you who shot that arrow, Ming-Soo?" Asked Hak before dashing towards the male servant and swinging his spear, taking out another soldier.

"Carry Hime-sama and follow me. Don't stay too far behind." Hak handed Yona to Ming-Soo, while Kira was standing beside them. Hak then spotted two guards and got rid of them. "That way!" He pointed to his left. Yona was supported by Ming-Soo as they walked, while Hak and Kira were securing their path. "We have to find a place to hide." Kira suggested, Hak nodded in agreement.

The four hid behind the bushes. "There's no end to them." Ming-Soo commented. "Hime-sama, is King Il really dead?" He asked, Yona's tears fell down as she nodded. She looked so lifeless. "Is that's so.. I'm sorry, I just have a hard time believing that. Just a while ago, he was smiling happily on your birthday." He commented. 'I know what you mean.' Kira silently agreed.

Guards came passing by. "It's just a matter of time before they find us." Hak exclaimed. "The guards that Soo-Won-sama had brought are gathering with the ones on his side in the castle." Ming-Soo started. "If they find us then we're doomed." Hak continued. Ming-Soo looked at Yona before speaking, "I will pave the way for you, you should escape."

"What are saying, Ming-Soo?!" Kira quietly yelled. "Don't worry, I promise you that I will escape." Ming-Soo reassured, both Hak and Kira shared suspicious glances.

"Six soldiers in front of the back gate, more awaiting in the ambush." Hak stated as he observed his surroundings. He turned around and saw Ming-Soo draping one of Yona's Yukata on his head.

"Ming-Soo, you..." Hak trailed. "I will make them chase after me. Please take the chance to escape." Said Ming-Soo. "Hime-sama, please take care." He continued before running off, catching the attention of 4 of the guards. Kira ran in the direction of the gate, getting rid of the two remaining soldiers, she opened the gate and soon Hak and Yona followed. "Princess, hurry up!" Hak dragged her away.

After a while, the three escaped to the mountains. Yona stopped for a while, placing her hand on a nearby rock, breathing heavily. Kira placed her hand on the red head's shoulder before speaking. "Yona-chan, should we take a rest?" Yona nodded.

They sat in silence, with both Yona resting on a tree and Hak sitting on a rock. "Is Ming-Soo dead? Will I die as well? Will Soo-Won kill you both?" Yona asked staring at space. "I won't give my life away to that bastard." Hak bitterly commented. "Don't worry, Yona-chan. We're not going anywhere." Kira added. "Don't die. If you do, I won't forgive you." Yona muttered before falling asleep, shedding one last tear as she closed her eyes. Kira wiped the tears away before going to sleep, as well.

skip

It was morning, Kira woke up and went to find a near water source to wash her face. Hak stood up, "Let's go, Hime-sama."

"Where would we go?" Yona asked. "At the celebration, my father was crying out of joy and I never said 'thank you'. Where should I go? Leaving my father behind-" she stopped when Hak turned her around and hugged her. "Hak..."

"We'll go anywhere, as long as you remain alive. It's the only way to return The king's feelings." Hak stated, tears started falling from Yona's eyes.

When Kira had returned, she smiled, her eyes softening at the sight.

That was the fifth chapter for ya. ^^ I hope you like it. I'm new to this writing thing and English isn't my mother language...
( ¯ ▽ ¯;)

I can't believe I got 1K reads this fast ! *jumps from excitement* you guys seriously are the best.
Minna saikou, arigatou. Ka-Ka-Ka-kawaii ! XD

Comment and vote below. (≧◇≦)