Chapter 22: A nightmare

A/N:-

This chapter is dedicated to all KIROON shippers. (^_~)

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The sun had already set and the bunch decided to find somewhere to sleep and set up the fire. Yoon had treated Hak's wound and wrapped a bandage around his chest. The black haired male was still out from exhaustion and leaned against a tree while the other four had their dinner.

"What is this?" Kija asked, curiously picking at his food which was served in a bamboo cup using his chopsticks.

"It's dinner." Yoon plainly answered Kija's question.

"Dinner? These are the weeds that were growing on the mountain path!" Kija argued.

"Hmm? Is the Hakuryū too spoiled to eat mountain vegetables?" Kira teased Kija with a sly grin. The latter blushed from embarassment and pursed his lips, he didn't reply and kept picking at his food. He found how the black haired female embarrassed him in front of the Princess very frustrating.

"You should be grateful I didn't add insects." Yoon stated.

"Insects? You eat insects?" Kija shivered and the color drained out of his face.

"Of course we do! You should try caterpillar soup with worms." Kira decided to use the male's fear of bugs to her advantage and leaned closer to whisper in his ear. "The sensation of the live warms moving around your tongue and crawling even inside your throat is just precious." She continued to gross him out a smirk never leaving her lips. The black haired female backed up to see his expression. Satisfaction is what she felt when she saw his green colored face, and how one hand covered his mouth and the other wrapped around his stomach to prevent himself from vomiting was just priceless to her. A loud laugh erupted from her lips and she clutched her stomach in an attempt to regain her breath. "It was a joke!"

Kira sat back down next to Yona and continued eating dinner. The red head princess mindlessly took a sip from her soup and ate quietly.

"Are you alright with this food, Princess?" Kija weakly asked after he recovered from Kira's words.

"I still can't eat bugs, but I've gotten used to most of it. After all..." Yona's face began to darken and her eyes looked lifeless. "I couldn't afford to dislike it." Kira patted Yona's back to console her. "But thankfully, ever since Yoon arrived, the food has gotten better!" Kira attempted to lighten the mood. It was all too true that Kira loved Yoon's cooking. Yoon's ears perked up at the compliment and had a creepy grin on his lips.

Yona nodded in agreement with what Kira had said. "She's right. When it was just us and Hak, it was awful. Huh? Why are you crying?" Yona and Kira turned to Kija and saw a stream of tears falling from his eyes.

"Princess, your journey had been so harsh..." Kija said in between sobs. Kira saw that Kija's lips were parted so she took the opportunity and shoved a spoonful of soup into Kija's mouth. "There you go. It wasn't that bad, was it?" Kira asked with a playful smile. The white haired male was shocked for a moment but he nodded and continued to eat his serving.

"What was that about my cooking?" The four heard Hak's voice and turned to him. He spoke in a quite threatening manner.

"Hak, you're awake?" Yona asked.

"I can't let that one slide." He said, softly glaring at the princess.

"Is your wound okay?" Getting up on her feet and walking up to Hak, she asked him while ignoring his threatening words.

"Wound? What are you talking about? Anyway, what did you say about my cooking?" He was clearly offended when she said that his cooking was 'awful.'