Chapter 24: Stuck

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

On her way back to the others, Kira couldn't help but think back about the masked man. Why was he staying underground all alone? And why was she feeling that it was wrong that she left him? The Phantom Samurai sighed as she approached the room that the villagers had offered to them to stay in.

Kira saw Hak walk out of the room with his unclothed spear. "Hak!" She called for him as ran to his side. Her brother turned his head in her direction. "Where were you?" Hak inquired. He wasn't much worried about his little sister since she could take care of herself, but the same wouldn't be said for Yoon, who couldn't stop freaking out.

"I found an underground passage while looking for Yona-chan." She replied, taking a peak inside the room and finding that it was empty. "You still didn't find her?" The green eyed female asked with a frown.

Hak shook his head. "No, we found her the moment you disappeared." He stated. "But the princess, Yoon and that White Snake left to talk to the Seiryū."

"Eh?! You found the Seiryuu?!" She shouted and Hak immediately covered her mouth with his hand. "Quiet. They're watching." Narrowing his eyes, Hak nodded in the direction behind Kira. She slowly turned her head around and felt the presence of the villagers. "They've been observing us this whole time." Hak stated.

"What a creepy bunch." Kira said with a frown.

"We'll just have to intimidate them." Hak's lips formed a smirk and so did Kira's. The green eyed girl unsheathed her Katana and held up her weapon the same way Hak did. The two stood in silence for a while.

"Hey, did you get something to eat?" Kira asked, looking up at her older brother. The Lightning beast shook his head. "They really are terrible." Kira pouted, referring to the Blue Dragon's villagers. Hak began to chuckle, but suddenly the ground began to shake and rocks began falling off the ceiling. "An earthquake?!" Kira and Hak panicked when their minds flashed back to Yona and the others. Hak began running in the direction that the others had took and Kira was following him mindlessly. Both of their faces bearing troubled expressions.

"Yona-chan!"

"Hime-sama!"

"The princess and the others are in there!" Hak shouted. They continued to run but the rocks kept blocking their way. The path then suddenly got blocked by a huge pile of rocks. Hak stood there, shocked. "You can't be serious..." He muttered.

Kira, however, didn't waste time and began pounding against the rocks with her fists. "Yona-chan! Yona-chan! YONA!" Kira kept screaming as she digged into the rocks. Both her hands were cut due to the sharp rocks, but she didn't care. All she cared about was to get Yona out of this mess. Kira got her Katana out and used it to try to dig them out, even Hak started using his spear but to no avail. All their work seemed to be useless. 'Damn it! I shouldn't have left her side!' Mental images of Yona began flashing through Kira's head. Kira clutched the handle of her Katana so tightly that more blood began to flow out of her injured hands.

"Damn it. It's solid." Hak mumbled. He looked at Kira and found that she was a mess. The childish expression that always inhabited her face was now replaced by a terrified one, beads of sweat traveled down her face and she didn't seem like she cared for anything and anyone at the moment except for getting Yona out.

Hak then felt people approaching so he looked back and found the villagers standing behind them. "What?" He coldly asked. Kira didn't even care to look back and continued to dig.

"M-my son is trapped in there." A woman spoke with worry dripping from her words.

"My friends got trapped while looking for the Seiryū. You say your family members are around, as well?"