Chapter 10: Ambushed

This chapter is dedicated to @Rebelz_DBS
Thank you so much for your support and for being one of the people to ever vote and comment on my story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

"Do you see anything?" Asked Yona, who was sitting on a boulder. Kira shook her head as she stood beside her childhood friend and adoptive brother.

"How does the old man expect us to find someone, when we don't know where he is?" Said Hak. "I know, right?!" Kira agreed. The three had arrived at the northern mountains, in search for the priest.

Hak started to recall their previous conversation with his grandfather. 'A priest?' Kira had asked. 'Yes. Since ancient times, a priest who has seen the kingdom of Kouka's future is said to live somewhere within the wind tribe's territory. If you are unsure what to do next, you should seek out the priest. I am sure the priest will show you the way. Long ago, the priest lived in a temple at the royal palace, and was deeply involved in the kingdom's rule. After Yu-Hong began oppressing the priest, he left the castle. Now he lives quietly, somewhere far from people.' Mundok explained.

"Far from people..." Yona started. "This certainly doesn't seem like somewhere a person would live. If they do, they might fall off a cliff."

"Not everyone is as clumsy as you are, Yona-chan." Kira giggled. "Yeah, I'm sure one could do it if they really tried." Hak stated. "By the way, Princess," He said, catching the two females' attention. "If we must search every corner of this area, We'll have to sleep outside. What should we do?"

"Sleeping outside won't do anything." Kira answered. "I didn't ask you!"

"Just as Kira said. Besides, I've somewhat gotten used to it." The red haired female exclaimed. Hak sighed in exasperation before speaking, "Listen, you couple of airheads. Unlike the mountains behind the castle, it gets cold here." He started waving his clothed spear in the air.

"Then I'll snuggle between you two while I sleep." Yona casually replied, making Hak drop his spear on the ground.

The male crouched down and picked up his spear. "I don't mind, but I'll play pranks on you."

"Pranks?" Yona repeated, looking confused. Hak pushed her against a rock, trapping her between his muscular arms. "Pranks are something like this." He leaned in, closing the gap between them. "Get a room!" Kira yelled in disgust.

"Hak, what are you-" Yona tried to ask, but was interrupted by Hak. "Quiet. Footsteps. Sixty... no, seventy."

"You hear that too?"Kira quickly changed her expression to a more serious one, Hak nodded. "I thought that they weren't chasing us anymore."

"That's quite a lot of people, too. Maybe because they know it's the both of us." Hak smirked, glancing at Kira.

"Are they the king's men? Or-" Before Yona could finish, Hak covered her head with the hood of her cape "Princess, if we're going to be snuggling in our sleep, I won't feel like pranking you if you aren't a bit more comfortable to hold." He teased before running off with both Kira and Yona following. "What are you talking about?!" Yona yelled.

"Yeah! Pranking is my thing!" Kira pouted. "That's not the point!" Yona started to get annoyed at her two bodyguards.

Both Kira and Hak stopped in their tracks and looked up, seeing large groups of soldiers. "Now, then... I'm all warmed up. Time to get to work." Said Hak. "Just stay behind me, Yona-chan. I'll protect you." Kira smiled at the younger female.

Kira drew her Katana from it's sheath and held it by her side, a dark, murderous aura surrounding her as her eyes glowed like those of a hungry beast. Soldiers gathered around the three, it was then when the black haired female pointed her Katana at them, a smirk went to her lips as the sharp weapon of hers dangerously shone under the sunlight. As the soldiers hesitantly launched forward to attack, Kira nullified their attack by a swift movement of her weapon, making them fall back.Hak also unwrapped his monstrous weapon and helped his sister.

"They truly are beasts!" A soldier of the fire tribe spoke in terror.

Another group of soldiers came gliding down the mountain, but their attempt to attack failed when Hak used his spear to send them flying in the air. "What's wrong? Are you finished?" Hak asked.

"I see that the Thunder Beast and Phantom Samurai of Kouka are getting stronger." A voice was heard, when the three turned around, They saw lord Kan Tae-Jun. "So it is you." Said Kira.

"I've been waiting for this moment, Son Hak, General Kira and Yona-hime. I, Kan Tae-Jun, of the fire tribe-" He stopped his self introduction when he found the people he's speaking to looking in the opposite direction.

"Look, Kira, that cloud looks like a dumpling." Hak exclaimed while pointing at a cloud. "Eh?! Where?!" Kira frantically looked up, searching for the dumpling shaped cloud. "Wow, I see it." Yona looked up in fascination. "Found it!" Kira pointed at it as well, her mouth beginning to water. "Hmm... dumplings...."

"Why are you gazing up at clouds while I'm talking to you?!" Tae-Jun started crying. "Oh, I'm sorry. Were you talking to us?" Asked Kira, turning around to face him. "I'm not a Son anymore." Hak stated. "Nor am I a general, either." Kira continued. Both Kira and Hak bowed before speaking in unison. "Sorry about that."

The son of the Fire Tribe's chief started wiping his tears with a handkerchief. "It's fine, so long as you understand. Wait, what? You're not generals?!"

"That's right. We're just wandering travelers." Kira replied.

"Which means... whatever we do now, has nothing to do with the Wind Tribe." Hak stated as a smirk was placed on his lips.

"So that's it. Well, either way, I don't care about the Wind Tribe. I will make those who stand in my way disappear." Tae-Jun pulled out his sword while speaking. "I have business with Princess Yona!" He signaled for the archers to attack.

Arrows came flying from every direction, so Kira started cutting every arrow in sight while Hak shielded Yona.

"Don't let them rest!" Tae-Jun commanded. Soldiers holding swords and spears surrounded them once more, attempting to steal away the princess. "Stop them! Stop them!" The leader kept on yelling. "Archers, fire!"

Hak who was holding Yona, used his spear to jump on higher hill, Kira followed and caught up to the two. She then grabbed Yona's hand and started running, with Hak not too far away. Yona suddenly had tripped and fell to the ground.

"Aim at the princess!" One of the archers aimed at Yona, before Kira could react, Hak had already taken the blow to protect the red haired princess. "Hak!" Kira shouted before taking out a dagger from her pocket and throwing it at the same soldier who attacked her brother.

"Hak, are you alright?" Yona worriedly asked. Hak took out the arrow from his back before replying. "Don't worry about me, it's creepy." He stuck his tongue out.

"Come on, this way!" The black haired female took her older brother's hand and led them to a nearby hiding place.

I'm sooooo sorry for not updating earlier, it's just that exams are coming up and I don't have the time -_-".
Well, I hope that you enjoyed my rustic writing skills XD