Chapter 29: A "sweet" encounter

A/N:- This lovely drawing of Kira is made by the one and only Kureha1611 

I really love it! She's really talented XD

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The next morning, the troupe members were heading towards the port city. All of them were excited to wander around the city, except for Kira and Hak who were actually worried, since they had gained unwanted attention from the Awa Officials. But before going directly into the city, they went near the ocean first.

"According to Kija and Shin-Ah, the Green Dragon's presence disappeared somewhere over there." Yoon stated as they approached the ocean.

Hak stopped in his tracks, catching the group's attention. "I'm going on my own for a bit." The rest displayed confused looks as to why Hak would want to part ways.

"I want to look at some weapons in the city. I'm the only one who knows what to look for." The Thunder Beast explained. He shoved his spear at the Hakuryū. "Shirohebi-sama, hold on to this."

"Why me?!" Kija asked, annoyed with Hak's lack of manners. The Hakuryū didn't get his answer as Hak already went on his way.

Yoon sighed as they resumed on towards the possible location of the Ryokuryū. "The Thunder Beast is acting weird." He said. "Right, Kira?" The strawberry blond turned back to get Kira's approval but she was nowhere to be found.

"Kira?" Yona asked looking around for the black haired teen.

Time skip >>>

Kira, who had left the group right after Hak went on his way, was carefully walking around the city. She couldn't find a proper reason to justify why she left the group, so she stealthily walked away. A couple of hours had past ever since then and Kira was starving. It didn't help that they didn't have breakfast and that she was wandering around nonstop.

Kira walked past a bakery. The female stopped in her tracks to admire the smell of freshly baked bread. At that very same moment, the Ryokuryū was on top of a rooftop adjacent to where Kira was standing. The green haired male was just getting to know the strong guy that he met yesterday, but the same presence that he felt yesterday was getting close so he disappeared from the scene once again.

"That was close... I let my guard down. The White Dragon just appeared near the place out of nowhere." The Ryokuryū mumbled to himself. His eyes widened when he saw the same female he had attempted to rescue the other day. He then immediately jumped down next to Kira.

"Hey." The purple eyed male greeted Kira, raising up his hand. The Phantom Samurai paid no attention to the guy next to her as she gazed intensely through the glass window of the bakery.

"Hey!" The young man repeated the greeting. Kira turned her head slightly to see who stood next to her. She saw a tall man with droopy purple eyes. He had long green hair that is tied behind with an orange ribbon, and long fringes covering the right side of his face. Kira sighed and looked back at the bread and buns that were on display. "Can I help you?" She asked.

The young man sighed dreamily, closing his eyes. "Ah~ Fancy seeing you here. It must be fate that brought us together again." He said with a grin, placing his hand on his chest. 'Again?' Kira tilted her head to the side. "Have we met before?" The black haired female inquired.

"Eh?! You don't remember?!" The young pirate flinched. "Well, I guess you wouldn't have seen me." He mumbled as he looked away, a bead of sweat on his cheek.