22

Paige's POV

I looked down at my stomach that was starting to show and smiled. Liam hugged me from behind, his large hand on my small baby bump. "Ready?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand.

We walked downstairs and got in the car. Keisha and Louis came and picked up the twins earlier and took them to the park. We drove to the hospital and Liam parked near the door. We got out and Liam grabbed my hand. We walked in and waved at Gloria.

"Back for another ultrasound for baby Payne?" She smiled at us and I nodded. "What's the gender?"

"Girl." I laid my hand on my stomach and smiled. "We've been thinking of names but we haven't decided."

"Well you can go to room 120." I nodded and walked to the room. We walked in and Dr. Davis looked up.

"Paige! How are the twins?" She hugged me and I climbed on the bed.

"They're great. Keisha's watching them until we get back home." I lifted my shirt a little and she put some of the gel on my stomach. Liam grabbed my hand and smiled.

"That's odd." I frowned and looked at Dr. Davis.

"Wait, what? Odd?" My grip on Liam's hand tightened, "Is there a problem with the baby?"

"Uh, I'll be right back." She walked out and I turned to Liam. He kissed my forehead, seeing my worried expression.

"Calm down baby girl." My eyes scanned his face and I felt a lump forming in my throat. "It's probably just something wrong with the equipment." Dr. Davis came back and moved the sensor around. "Is everything okay?"

"I don't hear a heartbeat. I switched sensors and still nothing." Tears welled up and my eyes and I felt dizzy. "You miscarried. I'm so sorry. We can help since you're only 18 weeks. You can get an abortion to stop the process. I'll leave you two to discuss." She walked out and Liam wiped the gel off my tummy.

"Babe." I sat up and a tear rolled down my cheek. "Paige are you alright?"

"Take me home." I jumped off the bed and walked out. I ran into Dr. Davis, "I'll call when I make a decision." She nodded and Liam followed me out of the building. We got in the car and Liam looked at me.

"It'll be okay."

"Liam stop! Everything wont be okay! I just lost a baby! That's not okay! Hearing that news is upsetting!" I sighed and sat back in the seat, crying. "Sorry for yelling. Just please take me home. I don't want to talk about it." He started the car and I looked out the window, wiping the tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

"Baby girl?" I looked at him and he kissed me softly. He pulled away and wiped a tear off his face. "I'm sorry." I took a deep breath and he pulled out.

We drove home in complete silence. When we got back he came to my side and opened the door, picking me up bridal style.

"I could've walked." He ignored my statement and carried me in the house and up to the room. He laid me on the bed and walked back out. I heard him yell and a loud thud echoed through the house. I ran downstairs and saw him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. "Li?"

He looked up at me, eyes bloodshot. I looked at the wall and noticed a hole. "I'll get someone to fix it." I looked at him and grabbed his hand, pulling him to his feet. He looked down at me and cupped my cheek, wiping my tears. "I love you."

"I love you too." I laid my head on his chest and he hugged me tightly. "I guess I'm getting the abortion." I looked up at him and bit my lip. He nodded and grabbed his phone.

"Louis's bringing the twins home. I'm going to go call Dr. Davis and schedule an appointment." He turned to walk out, "And try to find a contractor to fix our wall." I smiled and he walked outside. I sat down and looked at my stomach.

"I wanted you." I sighed and got up, walking in the kitchen. I grabbed a pint of ice cream from the freezer and a spoon. I opened a pack of Oreos and put 4 of the cookies in a sandwich bag and crushed them I spread the crumbs on the ice cream and grabbed a can of whipped cream from the refrigerator. I sprayed some on my ice cream and walked back to the living room.

I laid on the couch, eating my little sundae. Liam came back inside with the twins and chuckled. "Made a sundae?" I nodded happily, putting a spoonful in my mouth. "Can I have some?" He lifted my legs and sat down. I fed him a spoonful of my sundae and he smiled. "No candy?"

"I can't reach it so Oreos and whipped cream." I shrugged and my eyes widened, "Shit! Brainfreeze!!" I sat up and he laughed, "It's not fucking funny!" I pushed him, laughing.

"You're laughing." He chuckled and pecked my temple. I smiled and handed him the rest of my ice cream. He ate it and put the empty container on the table. "A contractor is supposed to fix the wall in two days and your appointment is tomorrow morning." I nodded and looked my socks.

"I need to hit the gym soon. I've been thinking about teaching Peyton gymnastics." He nodded and the twins came down.

"Hi mom. How's the baby?" They noticed my frown and looked at Liam. "What's wrong mommy?" I sat up and they sat between me and Liam.

"When we got there and the doctor was doing my ultrasound, she said she couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat anymore."

"So she's dead?"

"In a way. She's still there but her heart isn't beating. I have to get an abortion to stop the pregnancy process and get her out." They looked at me sadly and I hugged them. "Don't be sad. It happens all the time. Miscarriages are very common. I'll be fine. I still have my first babies." I pinched Peyton's cheek and she giggled. "I love you guys."

"We love you too." They spoke simultaneously and looked at each other, laughing. I smiled and Liam pulled Logan in his lap.

"Can you braid my hair again?" I nodded and pulled her in my lap. I fishtailed her hair and she smiled at me.