Ch.29

-Niall's P.O.V.-

Now that the song is over, I feel a sudden guilt wash over me. Lou had shown me the messages that Harry had read. Ranaita is about to tell Liam that she kissed me. I know this isn't going to end well.

Ranaita kissed him so passionately when the song ended that even I could see the sparks and fireworks. I envied it too. Whatever happens tonight, I hope it ends in my favor.

Now Ranaita has backed away, her face still wet from tears of joy. New tears started to fall down her face and those were tears of sadness.

"What's wrong, love? Didn't you like the song?" Liam asked Ranaita as she was clinging to him for dear life.

"I have something to tell you. I hated keeping this from you, but I didn't know that it would bring me so much guilt." Ranaita said between hiccups from crying.

"What do you mean?" Liam wondered as he pulled away from Ranaita and stood up from his stool to look down on her.

"I-I-I k-kissed Niall." Ita stuttered. Liam's eyes grew wide. Ranaita started balling her eyes out and Liam put a hand on her shoulder.

"Why?" Is all he said. No harsh words towards me or Ita. Just... Why?

Ita looked up at him with a small grin and made him sit down so that she could explain.

"I had a dream that some dude with blue eyes was my boyfriend and that he said the sweetest things to me and proposed. I said yes and my dream-self was overly excited about the whole thing. It was a beautiful dream, but it felt off. When I realized that it was Niall in the dream, I woke up and screamed his name. Niall came out from the kitchen and then we ate ice cream together and talked for a bit. The dream was still running through my mind, though because it scared me. I looked at Niall for a minute and made a decision. A decision that I now regret. I kissed him to see if I actually had feelings for him, like I seemed to have felt in my dream." Ranaita finished. I have feelings for her. I know I do. That kiss was amazing. I know that she felt something in that kiss. She has to have feelings for me too.

"Do you have feelings for Niall?" Liam questioned. All I could think was 'Please say yes. Please say yes.'

"Not the kind I have for you, Liam. I love him, but not like I love you. There were sparks in that kiss, but not like the ones we get. Ours are complete perfection. I love you, Li. I want only you, Li." Ita answered. I felt my heart sink. I knew that this was for the best, though. If she did end up having feelings for me like I do her, I would gladly take her from Liam. However, the boys would be upset with me for doing something like that and Liam, my best mate, wouldn't be my best mate anymore.

"How are you so calm about this Liam?!" Harry shouted, "She kissed your best mate and he let her!" I walked over to Harry and told him to calm down. Louis came over and helped me explain the whole situation to him. Zayn just stood by the keyboard where he has been since the song ended, shaking his head of all shock.

"Are you sure?" I heard Liam whisper to Ita.

"I'm sure, Li. I love you and only you." Ita spoke. That caused my heart to break. A tear made it's way down my face as I kept trying to calm Harry down. Lou noticed the tear and whispered comforting words in my ear to reassure me that I would find someone someday.

Then, I turned around to see Ita holding a sobbing Liam in her arms. She kept softly telling him that she loved him and that she was sorry. He nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist and cried into her chest. She stroked his hair and Liam whispered I love you too. He pushed away from her body and wiped his eyes. He stood up from the stool he was on and grabbed her hands.