Ch.24

-Ranaita's P.O.V.-

I had finished eating and went upstairs to the music room to show Tala a new song I had been practicing on the harp. Think of You by A Fine Frenzy. Zayn and Liam stayed downstairs to wash the dishes while the others followed me and Tala up.

I went over to the harp and started to play. Tala got bored half way through (as usual) and had the wonderful idea to play the piano. Note my sarcasm.

She doesn't know how to play the instrument and it is very old and expensive. As she tries to play, my eardrums explode. She is awful. I cringe at the sound in my ears and almost get frustrated at the fact that she could be harming the piano.

Liam and Zayn came in and stared in awe at how bad she is.

"I thought that was Cadey banging on the keys!" Zayn exclaimed, causing Tala to stop and the rest of us to chuckle.

"Shut-up Malik, or you'll never get to bang on my keys." Tala spoke bluntly. I wouldn't doubt her on that if I were Zayn.

"Sorry babe." Zayn apologized and frowned.

"You better be." Tala winked at him and kissed his cheek. Zayn took her hand and sat her back down at the piano bench. He started to play. I didn't know that he could play the piano as well as he did. I knew he could play, however, just not this well. He's almost phenomenal. Almost. I'm still the prodigy here.

We all went back to the living room to think of what to do before the guys went back to their flat later. Zayn and Tala stayed in the music room. Zayn was showing Tala how to hit the keys properly.

Just as I was about to suggest roller skating, my phone was ringing. I answered it:

"Hello? Dani?" I said knowing who it was because of the caller I.D. Liam walked over to me with his jaw dropped.

"Yes... yes, of course. Liam and I will be there in ten minutes." I hung up. Liam looked so confused.

"I'll explain in the car. Grab your keys and let's go!" I ordered. I ran for his car and got in. He ran after me and started the car. We pulled out of the driveway.

"Where to?" Liam wondered.

"The hospital. Dani and Maurie have been in an accident and Maurie's hurt." I panicked. He drove off quickly and we were there in less than 10 minutes. I asked the lady at the lobby where Maurie's room was. I ran to the elevator with Liam catching up behind me. I'm a bit of a faster runner than he is.

I ran down the hall of the floor to find Maurie's room. Once I saw Dani I rushed to her side screaming, "Dani! Dani! What happened?"

-Dani's P.O.V.-

I was in the heat of the moment. Scared out of my mind. I knew she would bring him, but I didn't know who else to call. Ranaita has been so nice to me and when the boys (the boys being One Direction) left for Scotland for 3 weeks, Maurie and I hung out with her when she wasn't at work or Uni. Also, she is the only person Maurie trusts in an emergency.

"Dani! Dani! What happened?" Ranaita called as she ran toward me and embraced me in a worried hug.

Maurie and I were just in a car wreck. I passed out when it happened, but, I woke up an hour ago to find that I was in a hospital bed. I'm perfectly fine, only a fractured wrist and a few gashes on my left arm.

A car t-boned us at an intersection. The light had just turned green, signaling that we could go. The car hit Maurie's side, the driver's side.

"We were in a wreck. I'm fine, but Maurie's not. She has 3 broken ribs, a broken collar bone, and a concussion. Ranaita, she's in a coma." I explained teary eyed, "My girlfriend is hurt and I can't help her. I can't even tell her that it'll be okay because I don't know if she'll even hear me." I let out a sigh and sobbed into Ranaita's shoulder. I felt a hand pat my back. Liam.