Ch.44

Ranaita's P.O.V.-

On the plane ride back, Niall and I discussed some things. Niall confessed to how much he truly loved me, but no longer as anything more than a friend. He knew that loving me more than that was ruining things and hurting me because I couldn't love him the same. He's agreed to help me get Liam to stop avoiding and has told me why he was doing so in the first place. I was a bit mad at Niall for telling Liam those things, but quickly forgave him knowing that he was the only who could help me get Liam back at this moment and I need him. However, no one could stay mad at Niall for long to begin with. Have you seen his unintentional pouty face? Not the one that he pulls on purpose, but the one that shows you how he's really sorry.

We left the airport as fast as we could after we got off the plane. There was paparazzi everywhere. They were shouting questions at Niall and I:

Where's Liam?

Ranaita, are you with Niall now?

Why did you take Niall to the wedding with you and not Liam?

Is Linaita over forever?

It really frustrated me because I tried my best not to let it out that Niall and Zayn were going to be present at the wedding in the first place. Although, it was inevitable that coming back would be like this. Though the wedding was small, there were people I didn't know there that were a bit taken back that 2/5 of One Direction were in their presence. No doubt one of them leaked there whereabouts on Twitter or something.

Eventually, Niall and I made our way to the my car that was awaiting us in the car park. We got in and buckled up. Niall was driving for I was not in the mood to drive at all.

Getting on the highway, I was dreading the moment I got home. I just had a feeling that Tala and Zayn had made a mess of it or something. I didn't want to clean up there mess, but I know that'll I have to. Cadey will want to help me like usual, but his tiny hands aren't much help when furniture is upside down or knocked over.

I turned the radio to drown out the silence. I Found You by The Wanted came on. I love this song and I know Niall isn't too fond of The Wanted, so, I cranked the volume up. Niall kept trying to change the radio station, but I wanted to hear the song.

I slapped his hand away from the buttons for what seemed like the billionth time when we reached a stop light. He took the opportunity to use both hands and actually managed to change the station. Granted, the song was almost over, but I let him feel accomplished.

I noticed that light had been green and people were honking behind us. I turned to Niall and motioned to him to look at the light. It was now yellow.

"Oi! Shit!" He cursed as he stepped on the gas. The light turned red as we reached the middle of the intersection. My head snapped to the left where I was hearing a car horn blaring in my ears. All of a sudden, I heard shrieks from every direction. The shrieks sounded like I had made them, but I didn't have much time to decipher the fact.

The on coming car that was blaring it's horn at us had already collided with my side of the car. I felt arms trying to wrap around my torso. Then, I saw shards break through the skin on my arms and neck. Finally, I felt my head hit something hard enough that I blacked out.

-Liam's P.O.V.-

I got the call about an hour ago. I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could and now here I am, sitting in the waiting room with the other lads, Tala, and Issy. Niall and I are both pacing the floor waiting for any sort of news from the doctor.

I've already snapped at him, but when he told me that he tried to save her I shut-up. He told me how he wrapped his arms around her waist and tried to pull her from her seat over to him so that she would be okay, but the seat-belt wouldn't come undone. Sometimes, the usual safety precautions aren't helpful. Then, as if he wanted to make me cry, he rambled on about the window's glass breaking and shooting at her. I know he wasn't doing it to make me cry though, because he was so torn up about it himself that he only told me because he felt like I should know that it's his fault.